Chapter 3

Tony's POV

Who is this guy? Why is he helping me? I'm a loser, a nobody, a weird emo kid. Doesn't he know that? What if he does? This must be someone's idea of a sick joke! But then again he is new, he doesn't know how things are around here. I pull away from him. I don't want to be the reason he's hated at school, I have to tell him the truth.
"Look I'm not really liked here. I'm a nobody. I'm gay and dumb. I'm just a weird emo kid who likes turtles, Star Wars and playing guitar. Basically if you want to have friends in this school and if you don't want to end up like me with everyone hating you I suggest you go. I won't mind I'll be ok" he looks at me, stunned.

"I don't know who you are, I don't know who they are, but it's pretty clear that you're a good guy and that they're jerks. I don't care if you're gay or weird! I know what it's like to be rejected and hated! I know what it's like to hate yourself! Who am I to walk away from you? Who am I to tell you you're not good enough. Listen to me, don't ever let anyone tell you that they're better than you because it is quite clear that they aren't half the men you are!"

My jaw almost hit the floor as I starred at him. No this wasn't happening. Where were the cameras? Where were the people in a bush waiting to jump out and tell me this is a pisstake.

"We need to get you to the nurses office. Close your mouth you look like you're catching flies. I'm mike by the way"
"Tony" I manage to spit out. Mike helps me to my feet and leads me inside.

Mikes POV

Tony looks awestruck. He looks around as if half expecting to see hidden cameras. I know why though. He's built a wall around his heart. He never let's people in and he hasn't had someone care about him in a long while. I can see it in his eyes, the disbelief the sadness the doubt. He directs me to the nurses office as I half carry him. We get there and he is given a bed. I sit by him.

The nurse clears him up and says he is ok to go. We've already missed most of first period so there's really no point in showing up.

We walk around for a bit, talking about everything and nothing. Tony's a great guy, I don't see what this Reece guy's problem is. Is it just because he's gay? People can be so homophobic! God I hate people like that! He really loves Star Wars and turtles. I tell him how I'm a huge Potterhead and am hoping to get a tattoo of the Deathly Hallows someday. He suggests getting a huge one on my palm and we both laugh - as if!!

One thing I do notice is his smile' when he smiles everything gets better. His eyes light up and the sorrow vanishes from them. Everything goes warm and he begins to glow. There's something about this boys smile though that its driving me crazy. Although I'm still completely straight....aren't I?

The bell rings and people start flooding the hall.
"FAG!" I spin around to see a tall figure walking towards us. Tony mumbles something and I guess this must be Reece.
"Turtle boy look at me when i fucking talk to you!!" He bellows. Fear plasters Tony's face. My heart reaches out to him. How many times does he suffer from this a day? Why has no-one done anything? I can't stand to see him like this. I put my hand on his shoulder again and bend down to his ear
"It's ok Tone, I'm right here, I'm not leaving your side"
"Promise?" His eyes are locked on Reece.
"Promise" I tell him and I mean it, I've known this boy for about an hour and I already know that I'd go to hell with him if he asked me. I wasn't leaving his side today. Or tomorrow. Or the next day.

Tony's POV

Mike's amazing! I don't want to fall for him because I've never really had a friend before (apart from my neighbour but he doesn't go to this school. He's awesome though, maybe I could introduce mike to him someday). I didn't want to ruin this. He makes me smile, genuinely smile, not the fake smile I put on for family members and teachers, but really smile.

The bell rings but we continue to talk until-
"FAGGOT"
"Fuck" I mumble. Now mike will leave me for sure. Pretend to no know me. I don't blame him. "Turtle boy look at me when I fucking talk to you!!" He hollers
I turn and face him, fear building up inside of me. I feel Mike place a hand on my shoulder. This was it. He would tell me he 'needed to get to class' and then I would be beaten up and never ear from him again.

He leans down so his lips are at my ear, his warm breath on my neck gives me goosebumps.
"It's ok Tone, I'm right here, I'm not leaving your side" he whispers. Really? Seriously? Oh my goodness! I think this guy might actually give a shit about me!
"Promise?" I whimper pathetically. He pulls me closer to him
"Promise" he whispers. And I know he means it. I know he's telling the truth. This brilliant boy wasn't leaving my side and I suddenly felt a woosh of confidence.
I look Reece dead in the eye.

(A/N hey guys! What do you think so far? Please leave a comment!! Thank you!!

Keep it ugly

CWHx)