Chapter 2

Tony's POV

I walk up to the school people shove past me, knocking my books to the floor.
I notice a car pull up. I haven't seen it before. Two boys get out, one with long, curly hair under a snapback and a nose ring, the other taller with a lip ring, black hair, shaved on one side, under a beanie. He has beautiful eyes, big, brown, I could get lost in-

"Oi faggot!" shit. Reece Murphy, 5'11, strong, good looking and an all around asshole.
I get up and start to walk away, keeping my head down.
"Faggot! Hey turtle boy I'm talking to you! Don't walk away from me!"

There's nothing I can do now but face it. I stop and turn.
"What do you want Reece?" His face turns angry and I know I've said the wrong thing.
"What? What did you say? Did your stupid mother never tell you to be polite?!" I feel a fist collide with my stomach and i double over.
"GET THE FUCK UP TURTLE BOY" he yells. I try to walk away but he's cornered me to a wall, his braindead friends blocking off all exits. I straighten up only to fall to my knees as he drives his fist into my stomach again. I fall to my knees.
"Is that what you look like when you're blowing your boyfriend?!" He mocks. His followers laugh and kick and punch me.

I lay there because I know i deserve it. I deserve it for being gay I deserve it for being different, for not being smart, for being weak, for crying every night, for not being the perfect son to make my father proud. I deserve every kick and punch and cut and bruise and scar.

Eventually they get bored of me and leave. I curl up and feel tears sting my eyes. I let them slowly run down my face.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and flinch away. Are they back? Are they not done with me? What more could they do? What do they want?
"Hey I'm not gonna hurt you. Are you ok? Let me help you" a soft voice says. I turn around and find myself getting lost in a pair of big, round, deep brown eyes.

Mikes POV

Vic walks off, leaving me alone. I scan the crowd of people, and my eyes settle on a boy who looks not much shorter than me. He has stretchers, an inch or so, and snake bites. He has beautiful eyes, but they seem sad, lost, lonely.

"Oi!" I hear some boys behind him say. Probably his friends. I begin to walk inside. I take one look back to see the boy against the wall, his "friends" surrounding him. Doesn't seem right to me but I continue anyway.

I am completely lost. This looks familiar...oh my goodness I'm at the exact same place I was ten minutes ago for fu.cks sake!! I scan my eyes around the school yard. By the wall I see a small black lump. I walk closer to it, only to realise that it's a person, curled up in the fetus position, badly beaten and bruised, blood coming our of his nose and mouth, staining his snake bites. The boy begins to sit up. I run over and place a hand on his shoulder.

He flinches away - does he think I'm going to hurt him? Poor guy.
"Hey I'm not gonna hurt you. Are you ok? Let me help you" I try to reassure him. He turns his tear satined face to mine and manages to crack a smile. I sit down beside him and pull out some tissue and a bottle of water from my bag and begin cleaning it up.
"Wanna talk about it?" I ask. He stays silent for a while and I begin to think that he doesn't want to talk when he opens his mouth.
"I'm weird and different and gay and worthless and good for nothing and Reece and those moron followers of his have decided that it's there job to remind me of it every day" he says. Then he breaks down into tears.
"Shh shh" I reassure him. I hold him close and rock his body back and fourth, not questioning the fact that I have no clue who this boy is, what his name is, but I don't care, he needs comforting, he needs someone to tell him everything will be ok, he needs someone to take the sadness out of those perfect eyes, and for now, that would have to be me as no-one else seems to be available. I don't mind though, he feels nice in my arms, his head against my chest, his tears staining my tshirt.
Don't get me wrong I'm completely straight it just, this felt nice.