Chapter 29

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING GUYS!! I'M THE WORST I KNOW, BUT YOU GUYS NEED TO THANK queenaziza1 FOR FINDING ME AND TELLING ME TO GET MY SHIT TOGETHER HAHA

Sam POV

I quickly mind linked to my beta, "Lock down the pack house and station enforcers by each entry way. Don't wake up the females & children, but act quickly."

Jayden and Carter were the next on the scene. "What the hell happened here" Yelled Jayden. "I'm not quite sure but this is Xavier's blood and it smells like silver in here." Carter started sniffing the air, "Is that Victoria's scent?" I nodded sharply, "It is, we need to act quickly. Jayden you can't be here for the questioning. She's your mate you'll feel obligated to protect her. We won't harm her, but we need to ask her some questions without you butting in." I could already tell by the look on his face that he wasn't comfortable and wanted to protest. "We need to act quickly and you protesting this isn't going to help Jayden. We have an injured and missing Alpha. We need to figure what the hell is going on here so we can act quickly. His life is on the line. Take 8 enforcers with you and search the woods. Try to see if you can catch a scent. Carter go get Victoria."

As everyone left to do what I said I started to pace. Xavier is missing, his blood is on the floor, silver is in the air, and Victoria's scent Is all over the place. I shook my head, I needed to focus. Victoria is my best friend, but as the alpha I needed to distance myself and get to the truth. I pulled out a chair and placed it in the middle room. Not too long after Carter and Jordan walked in with Victoria in between them. "Take a seat Victoria this shouldn't take long. I know you're confused, but I need you to answer everything truthfully or there will be consequences." Victoria nodded and sat down with a look of confusion on her face. My heart sank a little, to everyone else her display might seem genuine, but having known her so long I immediately knew that it was a charade. Maybe I was reading too far into it, but my gut usually isn't wrong about these kinds of things. "Victoria have you seen Alpha Xavier at all tonight?" She quickly shook her head no. "Then why is his scent all over you Victoria", questioned Carter. Victoria had this glint in her eye as she answered, "Well he is my Alpha, of course his scent is on me just as it will be with any of the rest of my pack mates that you choose to question." I knew she would just continue to evade questions so I jumped right in, "Cut the crap Victoria. Xavier is missing, his blood is on the floor, and your scent lingers here. You might not be responsible but you know something and I don't have the time or the patience to deal with you trying to keep things from us. Now I'll ask again. Have you seen Alpha Xavier tonight and more importantly why is your scent here."

Victoria started playing with her fingers before she answered, "It's not what you think Sam, Alpha Xavier and I had met up here for a ....late night fling so to speak. He was hurt over your latest rejection of him and I decided to fulfill my duties as a loyal pack member and help....Relieve him...of the pain. I helped distract him." I started laughing before I could help it, in a flash I was in her face. "The fact that you thought we would believe that is insulting. One you are completely in love with Jayden and would never do something like that. Two if you had managed to cheat Jayden would've felt EVERY SECOND OF IT. NOW STOP LYING AND TELL US WHAT HAPPNED!! The faster you tell us Victoria the faster this can end and you can be with Jayden. Do you think I like questioning my best friend? Treating her like she's some type of criminal. Tell us Vicky so we can fix this." By the end there were tears in her eyes. "I wish I could tell you Sammy, I really wish I could but I can't! They'll kill you! They'll kill Jayden and I just can't risk that! Just let it go Samantha! He wasn't a good alpha anyways, it's not like you accepted him as your mate! Just let it go Sam!"

I smiled sadly at her, "That's not out call to make. Can he improve as an Alpha, of course he can. But never once has he treated you or the pack with disrespect. We can force you to tell us or you can just tell us yourself. If we have to get Jayden involved who knows what kind of damage that will do to y'alls relationship...but I'd rather do that then have to torture it out of you. Don't make me ask again Victoria." There were tears and snot running down her face, it wasn't pretty. Without me having to say anything Carter and Jordan walked out to go get Jayden. "NO SAM LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS" I couldn't look at Victoria as I responded, "I gave you your chance to talk Vic and now...now I need to do what I should've done to start with. Seeing as how I wasn't her Alpha I couldn't order her to tell me. Yeah she would still be susceptible to answering since my wolf was more dominant than hers, but if she has a strong enough will she could resist. Mates, however, can't lie to one another if you press hard enough you can force the truth out. It's frowned upon seeing as how there is supposed to be a mutual respect among mates....but desperate times call for desperate measures. Jayden is not only her mate, he is also an Alpha. There would be no chance of her lying or avoiding the topic with him, her wolf wouldn't allow it. I didn't want it to have to come to this....but this was still better than me having to throw her in the dungeon or worse use silver on her. She might hate me for this but it's for the best. I stood to the side in thought as I waited for Jayden. I could still hear Victoria crying but I ignored it as best as I could. A few minutes later Jayden walked in with a serious face. I could tell he was hurting, having his mate stand accused for harming an Alpha, but he was trying to down play it so that he could do his duty. It was a sign that he was a truly dedicated Alpha.

I nodded as an okay for him to approach her. He kissed her on the forehead and wiped her tears away. We all looked away to give him a moment with his mate. What we were asking of him wasn't easy and I know it would tear me apart if I had to do the same to Carter. I walked over and held his hand as we waited for Jayden to begin. After another minute he cleared his throat and took a step back, his eyes flashed to black as his wolf came forward, "Victoria Hernadez, Mate of mine, I am calling on our bond for you to answer these questions of mine. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALPHA XAVIER RIOS AND WHERE IS HE.YOU WILL ANSWER WITH ANY AND ALL INFORMATION THAT PERTAINS TO MY QUESTIONS." You could see Victoria try to withstand his will pressing on hers but her eyes flashed black as her wolf forced her to answer, "Mate of Mine I did what I did to protect what is yours and mine. No harm will come to those that I hold close. I WON'T ALLOW IT. The group that attacked mine was full of Rogues they belonged to Alpha Oscar but once he was killed by Samantha they demanded revenge. They are led by the mate of the late Oscar she wants blood. She believes Xavier to be Samantha's mate and I let her believe that to protect you and her. It was either Xavier or she would've killed you and Samantha. I had no choice! I walked in and found Xavier distraught crying in pain, I saw my chance of opportunity and I leaped. I shot him with a silver bullet laced with wolfsbane. He won't die but he can't contact his wolf for the time being. That's why he hasn't been responding. The rogues came and took him away. What they will do to him I don't know, but better him than you. I have no regrets mate of mine. I PROTECT WHAT IS MINE." Victoria slumped forward with the weight of her confession. The room was silent as we all started at her in shock. Jayden moved forward and hugged Victoria as he stared at us with black eyes, he was protecting his mate. He looked towards me, "What do we do now Alpha Samantha".

I walked towards the entrance and replied over my shoulder, "Now weprepare the fighters. We aren't leaving him there. Sorry as he is our lives arenot above his. That is not our decision to make. I understand why Victoria didwhat she did and she will not be punished, I will keep my word. But that wasnot your call to make Victoria, that is a decision for the moon goddess alone.Jordan prepare the fighters; we leave at sunrise." I left with the sounds ofVictoria crying. It pained me but she would be fine, she still had her mate. Ahand slid into mine and I spared a weak smile for Carter. He kissed my cheek andsmiled trying to make a joke, "Come on mate of mine. It is time to rescue AlphaXavier, your old mate." I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. There was asense of unease in my stomach, this wouldn't be an easy battle. Hell hath nofury like a wolf who has lost their mate.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN