"You know very well Hubert, my daughter is not in the predicament to be able to be in an engagement."

"Your family squabbles are just that Stephan, family squabbles. Do not bring them into this arrangement. Now, what we arranged was you would give your eldest daughter in marriage and I would send you my men to help you in your campaigns to the North. You and I both know that you will not make it without my support. You would be outnumbered three to one."

"I just got my daughter back Hubert, have you no mercy?"

"This deal has been in the making for eighteen years. Do not act like this is something that has come out of thin air. She is just some girl, have another if your going to get sentimental or get a horse."

"Excuse me, I am not just some girl." I spoke up. That was it. He was insulting my father and saying I was just something that could be easily replaced by anything.

"Pipe down child stay there seated quietly like a woman should be."

"May all do respect your highness, but this does have something to do with me. I am the eldest daughter of King Stephan and it is I who is being talked about like some piece of property."

"You impertinent girl." He sputtered.

"Impertinent I may be—"

"Aurora—" My father warned, but I ignored him.

"What my father is trying to tell you is that we have been separated for quite some time he would like for us to become acquainted with each other before he gives me to another family."

"Are you saying that you would not like to be married to my son?" He was beginning to turn red and puffing up like a horse who just ran long and hard.

"Father—" Phillip came over to put space between us.

"Not now Phillip, I'm talking to her." He jabbed an angry finger at me.

"Yes, father but you are letting your temper gain the better of you again." Hubert glared at me again and sighed.

"Do you want to marry my son?" This was our chance. I looked at Phillip and smiled.

"Yes, your highness. I would more like than anything to wed your son."

"Of course you do, he is a handsome one!" He kissed Phillip's forehead and laughed heartily. "It is settled then. They shall marry, and I will give you your time with her Stephan. They shall marry within the next month."

"That isn't enough time."

"Nonsense, it is perfect timing. It gives enough time for you to become acquainted with your daughter and gives us enough time before the ground freezes to move north for your campaign."

"Rose?" My father turned to my mother.

"It is more than fair Stephan. We've had the agreement for almost eighteen years now. It is time. And like he said it would be an ideal time to begin your campaign."

"I don't want to begin the campaign right away."

"Why not, you'll have more than enough men." Hubert grunted.

"Your men will need to be trained."

"My men are highly skilled." Hubert protested.

"But they have not ben trained with my men. Do not second guess me when it comes to training and fighting. If there is one thing I know, it is that." He stared down Hubert who said nothing more.

"Fine, train my already capable men. Everything is settled then. You two shall be married nigh on a month. You happy son?"

"Yes, father, immensely happy."