"Do it." Cam said.

Lauren

After giving the kids a bath and feeding them I put them into bed and took my shower. I was hoping that Ace would be home but he wasn't. I sighed and put my pajamas on and  placed my hair into a bun.

Before getting into bed I went to check on my babies. I went into Luke's room and he was already knocked out. He was the sweet, quiet child. I smiled and closed his door. I went into Lexi's room and she was sitting on the floor sucking her thumb while watching cartoons.

"Alexis. It's time for you to be sleep."

She started whining and kicking her legs acting like a spoiled brat. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a book off her book shelf.

"Come on, mommy's going to read a book to you." I picked her up and placed her in her princess bed. I got in too.

I opened the book and began reading. "Once upon a time...."
*

*

*

The sound of the front door closing woke me up. I realized I had fell asleep in Lexi's bed with her laying on my arm. I gently pushed her off and walked out her room, closing the door behind me.

I looked over the steps and saw Ace go into the kitchen.

I jogged down there and saw him washing blood off his hands.

I cleared my throat which made him jump.

"Lauren what you doing up?" He asked drying his hands off with a paper towel.

"I heard you come in."

"Oh." He said.

"Oh? Ain't no damn 'oh' Ace. Where have you been! It's fucking 2 in the morning!"

"I was handling something."

"Handling something? What happened to you going to the club?"

"I did go."

"Then what were you handling at the club?"

"Uh." He scratched his head.

I got up in his face and pointed my index finger at him. "Don't make me regret saying yes to your proposal." I said and walked back upstairs to my bedroom. I put my sleeping mask over my eyes and went to sleep.
*

*

*

Lauren

Before heading to my job I made the kids and Ace scrambled eggs and pancakes with sausages.

I grabbed my cell phone off the charger and grabbed my purse. As I was heading out the door Luke stopped me.

"Mommy wait." He said.

I turned around. "What's wrong baby?"