Ink Blots And Jots 2/2: Steve x Reader

Natasha's POV:

I watch Steve as he walks towards the guys to begin training. I look down at my own hands to make sure I still have Steve's notebook.

Okay so I stole his notebook while he wasn't looking, sue me. I need some way to push Y/N and Steve together.

I walk by Y/N to see her tying on her shoes, her bag open ajar.

I place a sticky note on the notebook that mimics Steve's writing and casually drop the notebook into her bag.

Now we wait.

-----

After training I walk back to my room to prepare for Tony's stupid party.

That's when I hear someone running towards me, I turn around to see Y/N looking bewildered.

"Natasha!" She yells, running over to me.

I hide my smirk and pretend to look curious.

"Everything alright?" I ask, as Y/N leads me to my room and pushes me in before locking the door.

"Someone put a notebook in my backpack with a post it note that says: 'To Y/N' and it's full of sketches!" she says, pulling out the notebook.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, Nat! Come look," Y/N says as she sits down with me and we look through the notebook together.

I watch as she gently touches the sketches in the pocketbook and admires the accuracy of each drawing.

"Who do you think it's from?" she whispers.

I shrug and bite the inside of my cheek, "No clue."

-----

Steve's POV

I have been looking for my notebook for the past 3 hours, and I have found nothing.

I check under my bed one last time before sighing and giving up.

Bucky probably has it....

I hope.

I hear a knock on my door and I beckon them to come in.

Natasha opens the door and scans the room quickly,

"You need to clean your room," she states.

"Sorry, I was just missing som-" then it hits me.

Natasha is the only one who knows about my crush on Y/N, and she's a spy.

"Natasha do you have my notebook?" I ask, looking at her.

She smiles a little before laughing.

"Not anymore."

My heart skips a beat for a second, "What do you mean, not anymore?"

She sits down and gestures me to as well.

I shakingly sit down and wait for her to explain herself.

"She doesn't know it's from you but she knows they are drawings of her."

I breathe a little easier.

"She likes them, Steve," Natasha tries to comfort me.

"Yeah, but does she like them if they were from me?" I ask.

"Ask her at the masquerade tonight."

And with that, Natasha leaves the room.

I groan and flop down on my bed to realize that Natasha had left behind a light blue tie as well a golden and blue mask.