Christmas is For Family Bucky x Reader

Bucky's POV:

"Steve?"

"Yes Bucky?"

"Is this too much?"

I walk out of my room with my suit and tie and stand in front of Steve, waiting for his approval.

Steve looks at me tiredly before sarcastically hitting his head with the book he was reading.

"Bucky, this is your fifth outfit, it's fine."

"but it has to b-"

"Yes! Bucky! I get it! It has to be perfect for Y/N!"

"Yes, bec-"

"Yes! It's your first Christmas together, but at this rate... if you don't leave the house you're going to miss Christmas," Steve says.

"Alright, alright," I give in, looking at myself one last time in the mirror.

Steve opens up his book again before looking at me,

"The second outfit was the best."

"OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!" I exclaim before running back into my room to change again.

----

I pace nervously in front of Y/N's porch before hesitatingly ringing the doorbell.

"Coming!" I hear her call and I clutch onto the flowers tighter and my hands shake a bit more as I hear her soft footsteps near the door as she looks through the peephole before letting me in.

"Hey Bucky," she says sweetly as she opens the door wider for me.

I smile my widest at her, but notice that she's just wearing a casual dress.

I look down at my own attire and panic a little.

I was overdressed.

I tug on my collar a little, feeling the room became a bit stuffy as I offered Y/N the flowers.

She looks at the flowers and beams before taking them from my hand.

"Just sit by the table, okay? I'll get dinner ready and a vase for these flowers," she says softly, kissing me on the cheek.

I smile and reach for her hand to slowly pull her back to me and hug her.

She giggles and leaves to go into the kitchen.

I look around at the familiar setting, trying to feel less anxious.

It's just Y/N.

I walk into the dining room to see the room decorated festively. I smile a little as I see a picture of us framed on the wall and decide to go to the kitchen to help Y/N with whatever she needed.

I walk into the kitchen as Y/N is taking out a small turkey from the stove. I grin as I see that she's wearing a Santa hat and see another hat on the counter. I grab it and wear it on, shaking my head a little to hear the 'jingle' from the bell at the end of the hat.

Y/N sees me and turns around to laugh a little and I laugh back before making my way to her and kissing her softly.

----

Our hands are on top of the table, one holding our forks, and the other holding each other's hands.

I smile at the girl across from me before I say,

"Thank you for having me here."

It comes out quieter than I mean to.

Y/N looks at me funny, "Of course, Bucky. Christmas is for family."

My insides freeze and I drop my fork.

She looks at me with curiosity.

I hold my breathe and think about how to respond to that.

How do I respond to that?

"I-um," I try to speak.

"Bucky?"

"I love you," I whisper, saying how I truly felt for the first time.