Let the Battle Commence

Start from the beginning

"Would you like to know who?"

I asked the leading dragon. In response, he roared or screamed at the other Death Stares.

"SHUT UP YOU FOOLS! THEN WE CAN KNOW WHO WE HAVE TO DESTROY TI SURVIVE!"

The others screams faded into whispers than silence. All their beady eyes were on me.

"The Drake fooled you! All of you! They made you think that they were your allies! But how wrong you all are! He wants to kill you. As soon as the others come, you won't stand a chance. Unless-"

I paused an waited for one of them to ask. The more desperate they are, the less they will think logically about it.

"What tell us!"

"You kill the Drake first."

They acted as if they already thought of that.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Kill him before he kills you!"

Like a giant black tornado, they dove in unison towards the beast.

Now we have a fight!

I watched Sapphire and Mount retreat from the Drake as the Death Stares got closer. I felt like we had one. The enemies will hopefully destroy each other leaving the elemental dragons well alone. They may cause a fair bit of damage but better then and injuries or deaths. I flew a bit closer to watch the scene unfold.

-------------------------
Death stare leader pov

I felt the anger flood my body. I had my doubts about trusting a Drake. Filthy excuse for a dragon. Well at least now I can kill it. I landed beside the creature and rolled my lips back to show off my fangs.

"Traitor!"

I hissed. I crouched into a pouncing position and waited for his reaction.

"What? Your accusing me of what exactly?"

I rolled my eyes. How stupid does he think I am?

"Of lying. Of making plans to kill us with your fellow Drakes. We had a plan!"

"To me it looks like your the traitor! Turning on me. Where's your proof."

"A future dragon warned me. Now you know how I-- we, feel about survival. It's what we strive for. Your an obstacle in our way of immortality. Obstacles must be eliminated."

I leapt for the soft scales around his stomach. He caught me with the talon on his wing, then flung me across the canyon. I bounced a fair bit before falling it a small pit. My head hit the ground with an alarming crack!

I groaned in pain but managed to get up. I won't die. I won't die! I leapt out of the pit and bolted towards the Drake. My followers had already started attacking him. Some attacked him from the air, some from his back and his front. He was fully surrounded. He might of had size on his side but we had numbers.

He flapped his wings wildly trying to hit two dragons firing at him from the air. I fired a ball of fire at his wing. With a tremendous force, it collided with his wing and tore the thick skin between the bones in his wing. Another blow could destroy the wing completely, then he can't escape. He turned his head towards me then looked at his wing. Steam rose from his nostrils as fire poured from his mouth. He flung his head around at all angles. Death Stares disappeared, covered a thick blanket of fire. I stopped running to avoid being hit by the flames. The light was almost blinding.
They can't be dead! Please no! Dragon skin is fire proof, but only to a certain extent. Drake fire was one of the hottest fires. The Drake lifted his wing out of the fire, then pulled it down into the cover of the fire. I heard a slicing of scales and a strained roar.

"COWARD!"

The Drake shouted at me. I was not a coward! Sacrifices have to be made in order to survive! Becoming what I am was not an easy task! I killed my family for this! Then killed more to gain this position! I was not gonna throw that away! I looked around desperately looking for something I could use to harm the Drake without getting too close. Then I saw it. A boulder, balanced on the edge of a piece of rock, jutting out of the side of the mountain. It was right above the Drake too! Maybe I could save some of the Death Stares! Even gain a better reputation.

I flew up to the rock and stood behind it. Hmm there has to be a way to knock it off straight away so that the Drake has no time to leave. I built up the most fire I could and blasted it at the rock. It tipped as if in slow motion. Then stopped. It was stuck. Te Drake looked up. It must have heard the noise. I had no fire left and I was weak from my last fall so I couldn't push it off. I had failed.

"What did you think would happen?"

Laughed the Drake. I looked down at my claws in disbelief. At least I could still escape.

"That's what I thou-"

Then the boulder fell. Slow at first, then fast. The Drakes expression went from humorous to shock almost as fat as the boulder fell. It collided with his face. I heard and saw his skull disintegrate from the force. His skin split revealing the white of his skull and the red of the blood. His head was then pushed into his neck then body. It was almost like he was 2d. The boulder had carved a crater in the Drakes dismembered body and had stopped moving. The fire and smoked cleared, leaving me a full view of the battlefield. Blood poured out of the Drake and a few Death Stares had fallen. Others had curled cowardly on the rock floor.

"Get up. He's dead now."

At least fifteen Death Stares got up and assessed the damage.

"Uh master?"

One called from the other side of the Drake. I flew down when he didn't continue. The Death Stare, blade I think it was, pointed a paw towards the Drakes wing. A Death Stare had been impaled by the massive talon.

"Who is it?"

Whoever it was, it would have been a painful death. Then I realised, it wasn't a Death Stare.

It was an elemental dragon.

--------------------------
Dylan's pov

The Death Stares didn't hang around after they had killed the Drake. They seemed to have forgotten about killing us which was good. Now one problem remained. Cleaning up and disposing of the bodies. Some Death Stares had also died. Then I saw it. He had been impaled through the chest. His tongue hung limp from his mouth in between his fangs.

"No..."

Others started to land and assess the damage. They were all happy to see the Drake dead until they saw the elemental dragon.

"Oh no."

One whispered.

"She'll be devastated."

I turned around and saw her wide eyed. She looked at me. Tears forming in her eyes.