Chapter 7

"Dinner!"

Mount called to Dylan, his voice came with the strong smell of freshly cooked fish.

Dylan walked out, following the smell,  and found himself standing in front of the table next to the kitchen. Mount was sitting at the head of the table whilst Sapphire sat on the left side. Dylan sat down opposite to her. Her gaze met his for a heated moment before she dropped her head back to the fish on her plate.

"Cooked fish"

Mount said.

"I hope you like fish Dylan."
He smirked and took a bite. Dylan smiled  and started to cut into the fish.

He smiled and said,

"I didn't think dragons used cutlery."

Sapphire and Mount laughed.

"We are much more than dragons."

Dylan gave Mount a confused look. Well I guess they look like humans right now.

"Real dragons can't change their form. They can only be a dragon. Elemental dragons..."

"Which we are."

Sapphire buts in, her eyes shining proudly. Mount nodded and continued,

"We can change our form. We can be a full dragon and a full human."

"But different."

Sapphire added, again, excited to be talking about it. Mount cut off some fish and ate it.

"So what can elemental dragons do?"

Asked Dylan.

"Well technically there are five elements. Fire, water, earth and air. But,
Some elemental dragons have a different power. Like you, Dylan your a healer. You can do all sorts of things and healers are known to be extremely cunning and smart. Also elemental dragons with great authority have different power as such."

"What element are you Mount?"

Dylan asked, finishing the lasts bits of fish left on his plate.

"I'm an earth dragon. I can control the earthquakes and plants things like that with my mind. We often work alongside the healer to help them collect certain herbs."

Dylan nodded, it explained why Mount had been sent for him as well as why they needed him.

"And Sapphire?"

He asked.

"I control air, but mostly the sunset. I control whether or not it will be purple, orange or any colour I want. It's the job I have been assigned for now."

Dylan looked down at what was left of his fish and nodded.
"What can healer dragons do?"

He asked softly.

"No one really knows..."

Mounts voice trailed off as he saw a dragon land outside the cave.

"I'll be back."
He said, standing and walked tensely to the cave entrance.
----—----—------—------—-------—
POV: Mount

I walked up to the vines which covered the mouth of the cave. Pushing them aside, I watched as the large red dragon paced back and forth outside. I stepped outside to get a clearer view of the dragon. It was a protector dragon. I cleared my throat then almost choked.
No! It him! I quickly changed into dragon form before I approached the dragon.
The dragon turned to face me, authority melting off him and his stance.
"Is it true?"