Chapter 4

They walked for at least three hours, in the dense forest before Dylan fell to the ground, trying to catch his breath and looked around to see what he must of tripped on. A large root curled out of the ground and arched upwards before twisting back into the moist dark soil.

" come on boy! You mustn't fall like that in front of the queen! You'll embarrass me as well as yourself."

Mount grabbed Dylan's arm and hauled him to his feet. Dylan mumbled a thanks while re tying the shoe lace on his sneaker. Wait, how'd they get there?

"I'm not doing it for you boy but for the man you will become."
Mount inhaled slowly and exhaled.

" let's get moving. The queen doesn't like waiting."

"WAIT!"

Dylan yelled as he caught up to mount.
"What do you mean the man I will become? Like that dragon saviour you keep calling me?"

Mount groaned and said,
" There was a legend about a dragon healer. He could heal the sick and bring back the dead; possibly. But, decades ago he was killed in battle. Since then, dragons have been getting sicker."

Mount stopped and looked at Dylan.

" The queen went to the dragon elder for help. She said that before the healer died he bared a son. You. You may not realise it yet but you will become the dragon saviour. Well at least Glory thinks you will. We need you to help protect our dragon as the Death Stares threaten war on us."

"What about you? Do you think I can help? That I'm the healer?"

Dylan asked. His Dad was a healer? And he's dead. He felt a ripple of sadness coarse through his body.

"Tell me. Before Glory showed up, dragons, did you believe they were real?"
"Well no. But..."
"Exactly"
Mount cut in.
"Your nothing but a stupid little boy and as soon as the queen disregards you, you will become dragon food!"
Dylan didn't know what to say but he felt as if he had to stick up for himself. He didn't ask Jim or Glory for this! Besides what does this guy know, maybe he was a healer.

"You don't know that! I bet granda-I mean Glory is right!"

"Well you would say anything so that you wouldn't die! That's all humans do! Beg for their lives as if they were important!"

Mount was yelling. All his anger that had built up over the years were flowing out of him. The fact that they were on the brink of war and the healer was some incompetent kid! And he wasn't the only one getting fired up.

"That's not true!!!"

Dylan's face was fire red with anger. He nostrils flared and a hint of smoke seemed to curl from them. Suddenly scales started appearing on his arms and legs without him realising.

"Are all people like you so... So rude to think that humans aren't important ,as if all they were was prey?!"

Wings tore out from beneath Dylan's singlet, tearing it through the centre. As it fell to the floor, a tail grew from his tail bone. Long, deadly. He grew until he was at least 20 feet tall. His eyes were a fiery red.

Mount stood back in fear and a hint of excitement. Maybe he was the healer. Dylan was now fully through the transition. His greyish red scales glimmered in the sun. He was no longer yelling but roaring, breathing fire here and there. The trees around them went up in bright, fiery swells of heat and fire. Then he stopped, realising that he was towering over Mount. His small figure trembling through.

Dylan took a step back and looked around, the trees seemed smaller, like bushes and he could see the tops of mountains In the distance. He watched as the smoke billowed around him. He felt a twinge of guilt as the trees slowly turned to ash. He looked back at Mount who now was also a dragon.

"I don't understand."

Blurted Dylan, clawing at the ground with his thick claws.

"Oh but you will my dear boy!"

There wasn't a trace of anger in Mounts voice just happiness and just the slightest bit of excitement.

"Let's get you to the Queen."

He said as he clapped his hands together.