Chapter 6

Mount's POV:

Mount flew out of the cave and into the now starry sky. He flew down into the valley dodging dragons as he flew. He was glad that the queen believed him and Glory. For now. Now the boy was accepted, he had to prove himself.

He sunk down to the bottom landing in front of a young looking dragon. The dragon was slightly smaller than most dragons her age and was a light purple colour. Mount scraped a talon across her shoulder and whispered in her ear,
"Hey."
She whisked around so she faced him, fangs bared. Then she made a gurgling noise and swayed her tail back and forth.
"HI!!!!"
She gurgled excitedly, her sapphire blue eyes glinting in the star light.

"Is it true? Did you actually find the healer?"

Mount nodded proudly, pumping out his chest and raising his head high. She ran around him, hopping here and there over invisible obstacles.

"Well. Glory found him first..."

She laughed and looked up. Mount followed her gaze to see a dragon plummeting towards the valley. She looked back at Mount and asked

"That doesn't happen to be him? Does it?"

Mount groaned
"I wish I could say no."

With a sound that cannot be described, Dylan face planted into the hard rock. He moaned and slumped onto his side, his wings falling  flat onto the hard rock. A crowd of dragons circled him murmuring growls of worry. 

"What should we do?"

The female dragon whispers in Mounts ear, as he landed beside them. Mount sighed and walked over to Dylan, trying to get past the crowd.

"Get up boy your making a scene."

Mount whispered to Dylan impatiently. Dylan groaned as he tried to get to his feet. Blood was seeping out of his snout and his face started to swell. He fell back down. His right wing had a huge tear and one of his legs was twisted the wrong way.

Mount winced at the sight of Dylan's injuries forcing himself to look away. The girl dragon that Mount was talking to earlier squeezed herself threw the crowd and stood next to mount and Dylan. She bent her head down and whispered,

"Change back into a human. The injuries might only have injured your dragon half."

"I...I d...don't know how to."

Dylan stuttered. Wincing with every word. She snorted and glanced at Mount before returning her gaze to Dylan.

"Just think about being human."

Dylan's features slowly start to change to a humans. His shaggy black hair appeared grew and the scales disappeared and was replaced by his tanned skin. He had muscles in his arms but the rest of his body was small and scrawny. His red, slitted eyes faded to two hazelnut brown eyes. Dylan sighed in relief as the pain left. All that remained from the fall was a few bruises and dried blood which stained his face. Mount transformed back into the old looking man and the girl stayed as a dragon.

"Let's get out of here."

she said, to Dylan and Mount and they pushed their way through the crowd as if nothing had happened.

They rounded a corner into a shallow cave, lit only by a small fire burning away in a lonely corner.

"Phew!"

She exclaimed as she changed into a human. She looked about the same age as Dylan but taller. She had large biceps in her arms but it didn't destroy her curved body. Her brown hair fell past her shoulders. Her slits turned to pupils in her eyes but they still shimmered brightly in the dim light.

"So Dad, is the healer staying at our house or what?"

Dylan turned to face Mount then look back at the girl then back at Mount.

"I don't know. The queen didn't say..."

She chuckled and ran to Mount, she flung her arms around his neck and buried her head into his chest.

"I missed you Dad!"

He put his arms around her and squeezed,
"I missed you too, Sapphire."

They parted to stare at Dylan. She crossed her arms and looked him up and down. He looked down sheepishly. Why did her gaze bother him?
Mount face palmed suddenly, taking Dylan out of his trance

"Arg! I almost forgot! Dylan's this is Sapphire. My daughter. Oh and Sapphire, this is the healer. Or at least, will be."

She smirks at Dylan and looks back at her father.

"Shall we go home?"

She asked. Mount nodded in agreement and they walked away with Dylan hot on their heels.

----------—----------—--------—-----—

"It's not much"

Mount said as the entered a cave. Dylan's mouth dropped in ore. It was huge. Unlike what you would expect a dragons cave to look like, it was full of furniture, stuff you would see in a normal house. It had everything, couches made out of different types of animal fur, rocks shaped like benches and tables and a fire place, which had a warm crackling fire in it.

"Not much?"

He lets out a half hearted laugh as he looked around.

"He can stay in the spare bedroom."

Sapphire told her Dad. He gave a short nod as he walked over to the kitchen table pulling out a straw basket full of fish.

"Anyone hungry?"

He asked.

"Yes!!"

Dylan and Sapphire answered in unison. She bit her lip he smiled at him sheepishly, sending a prickling heat down the back of his neck.

"Sapphire. While I'm cooking you can show Dylan to his room."

She nodded and motioned for Dylan to follow her as she walked towards a wall at the back of the cave.

Dylan followed. She pressed her hand on a loose stone on the wall it moves back and was replaced by a handle. She held it whilst pushing on the wall. A part of the wall came loose and swung open revealing a small hallway. It was just wide enough to walk through. She walked to the end, hair swaying with each step she took. She opened yet another door and  walked through the opening. Dylan entered and felt his jaw drop. The room was about half the size of the other part of the cave. A wooden table and chair was set aside in a corner of the room with a bed covered in animal fur in the centre. The walls were covered in a blue paint and candles were littered around the room, flooding it in soft, golden light. Sapphire chuckled at Dylan's gaping mouth and he quickly shut it, smiling instead.

"Will this do? "

She asked, rubbing her shoulder awkwardly as Dylan stared at her in amazement.
"Y- yes."

Dylan stuttered, peeling his eyes away from sapphire and swept them across the room.

"Good. Dinner will probably be ready in ten minutes, so that should give you enough time to feel at home."
She smiles at Dylan the leaves him in the room by himself. He felt the heat rise to his neck again as she skipped out of the room leaving him to his bewildered thoughts.