Chapter 3

Dylan woke to the roaring sound of wind, racing past his ears. He blinked his eyes several times; trying to get them adjusted to the sudden light. Sunlight beamed on Dylan's tanned skin, warming him to his core, as the wind tried to reverse its affects. Dylan tried to sit up, but as he did so, something stopped him and he fell back down. He looked down at his chest and sure enough, he saw one thick rope that tied him too... To what? He thought as he placed his hands on the smooth, slimy surface beneath him.

He turned his head to his right and saw that he was flying in a bunch of fluffy, white clouds. A giant wing stick out in the centre of his view as it slowly moved with the wind current. Dylan felt a scream rising to his chest, but, somehow he only manage a choked squeak. Was he flying? Was he abducted by aliens with wings? Or maybe he was on an insanely large bird? He had no recollection of how he had got in the air. One minute, he was staring at the moon during the cool autumn night, the next, he was exposed to full sunlight and flying through the sky. He tried to free himself of the rope. Then thought better of it, where would he go if he could get free? Fall to his death? He gripped into the rope as the thing dipped gently and started to descend slightly down towards the ground.

Dylan's stomach flipped as the thing took a deeper dive towards the earth. As if diving out of a plane ready to release the parachute.

As they reached the tree tops, Dylan realised the trees were different than the ones near his grandfathers house. The trees there, we're more spread out and had thicker branches that were easy to climb. Whereas the trees here were more condensed and a shade darker, like pine trees.

They landed heavily as the beast padded to a holt. As they landed the ropes around Dylan loosened and he was able to move again. He released his hand and ran his fingers through his short, brown hair. He sat up. (He hadn't realised that whatever he was sitting on was keeping him warm). The cold air shot through him like a hundred bullets. Yep, definitely autumn. A sudden urge to be grounded made Dylan slide off the edge of his ride; not realising how high up he was. Before he fell too far, a large, dark blue claw caught him and closed around him, encasing him in a warm cocoon.

Then it lowered him to the ground. Dylan fell to the ground dazed. It was a dragon. What else could it be? He felt a faint again but managed to stay awake. He struggled to his feet and managed to stay some what balanced.
He craned his neck as he tried to look up at the dragon. It's dark green scales shimmered in the sunlight as it sat on its hind legs. Oh, so they were green not blue. He rubbed his eyes and stared bewildered at the dragon. The dragon returned Dylan's gaze. As he stared at Dylan's calm face changed to a more sorrowful look. Dylan looked at his feet in wonder. How could ginormous reptiles hide?! How is it possible something that big could stay hidden from humans?

Dylan looked bak up at the dragon. It's gleaming green eyes stared right back, then suddenly it stood, and walked off, leaving Dylan alone. Dylan just sat there in silence. Was he stuck? Was the dragon planning to eat him? DRAGONS EXIST?!

Then an old looking man with a staff walked out of the surrounding trees. His green eyes gleamed just like the dragons had done.
Dylan took a step back. He didn't know whether to be frightened or confused. Probably both.
"W...who are you?" Dylan stammered.
Putting up his hands defensively.

"Ah! I told them you wouldn't remember!"
"Ummm?"
"Use your words dragon saviour! Or so you should be."

Dylan could tell the old man was losing his patience, so he stood up straighter and dropped his hands. Dragon saviour? What was this man on about?

"I'm not a 'dragon saviour' and I want to know who, or what you are!"
The old man was raised an fluffy white eyebrow.

"I am Mount. I am one of the earth dragons. I was sent to Glory's hideout to fetch you. Your the son of the dragons saviour, destined to be one yourself."

Dylan's jaw went slack. What just happened? he thought. My parents, saved dragons? We're dragons?  I am a dragon saviour? How? As if he could read Dylan's mind, Mount put a finger to his lips and whispered.
"Now no more questions. Follow me."

"Where are we going?"
"To the queen."