Chapter 8

Dylan

I woke up to the sound of wind, howling through the cave as if it was trying to scare the in habitants out of its place so that there were no obstacles in its way of dominating the whole cave.

I sat up lazily and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. It was quite dark in the room, the only light was coming from the crack under the door.

Assuming that my hair was a mess, I made an attempt to smooth it down. I swung my feet out of the fur covers and wondered out the door and walked aimlessly down the hallway.
I walked sluggishly into the Kitchen and sat down onto a stool. I felt almost like a machine, doing everything as if I was programmed to do it. Without questioning it. Like the fact that I can transform into a mythical creature. I should have freaked out way more than I had in the forest. But it had felt so damn natural that I didn't think much of it. I still kinda didn't. All I know is, I want to do it again.

"Morning."

Mount said as he let out a yawn. Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't get much sleep.

"Sapphire up yet?"

He asked before he turned around and let a breath of fire out and lit the flame under the surface he cooked last nights fish in. It was a contraption resembling ab old stove but was open.

I shook my head, feeling my hair fall back into its usual messy look.

My brain only then decided to resister the fact that Mount hadn't been looking at me, and was leaning over the stove. My gut twitched uncomfortably as I remembered what had happened to Sapphire's friend.

"Um, I don't  think she is."

I mumbled looking down to my feet. My seemed to twitch as light foot steps approached me.  Her scent seemed take over all other smells as I inhaled. It was like I had inhaled a piece of her. The smell was like the smell of the reddest rose mixed with the fresh rain smell on a sunny summers day. Which made sense as she was an air dragon. My eyes wandered up to her. She was sitting beside me, sipping at a cup of water so delicately, it was as if she thought she would harm it.

"Hi."

My breath had caught in my throats and what was supposed to be a strong, somewhat sexy 'hi', came out as a sheepish gulp, like I had been caught doing something I shouldn't be.

She smiled and gave me a small wave. Somehow, her apparent lack of sleep seemed to add to her beauty as her hair, rather than being straight, had become waves of silk and her complexion shone in the beams of sun that escaped from the vines which shielded the door.

Why was I thinking this?
I rubbed ferociously at my temple to try and rid the thoughts from my head.
I tore my eyes from Sapphire and turned to Mount, who was now putting the unidentifiable food on three plates.

"Hey sweetie. Do you think you will be up to giving Dylan a tour of the EDA. I have a meeting today that I can't afford to miss. She nodded slowly and gave me a halfhearted smile. I returned it before looking back at my feet. I felt pretty damn good as I had managed to do this without my cheeks growing warm.

We all ate our eggs in an awkward silence and I helped Sapphire and Mount wash up. Mount gave me clothes to wear for the day. A greyish, brown t-shirt with commando pants. Everything was to big which led me to believe it was all Mount's and not Sapphires. Obviously.

"Have a great day guys."

Mount said cheerily as he kissed sapphire's forehead.  However, there was a hint of concern behind his expression. Not concern form how I would do, but for how well Sapphire seemed to be dealing with the death of her friend.