You're a what? I'm Your Mate? (8)

DYLANS POV:

I knew that Hayley would be just fine with Adrian, he’d never hurt her.  It was obvious that they were mates,  that means that they were fated to be together. They have a bond that they will only share with each other. I trust Adrian, I couldn't help it. Blade had always taught me to trust no-one but myself and him but it didn't work. I trust this whole pack, I care about this pack. Anyway, if did he hurt her; he’d have to answer to me and I knew Adrian would rather avoid that. Like I said though, they’re mates. He would rather die before hurting her. Hayley would need Adrian for what seems to be coming. I just hope Hayley lets him be there for her. She would need his support.

“Dylan, please stop.” Sean begged, he was blocking my way.

“Sean, please move.” I said in a strong voice.  Well, a fake strong voice. I didn’t feel strong as I met his gaze. Sean has always managed to make me weak the knees with just his gaze. Sean, hopefully didn’t know this but it wouldn't surprise me if he knew. He had always had a gift of knowing things about me that I never wanted him to. I couldn't be here with him. 

 “Dylan, why didn’t tell me you were back?” He asked me. He stepped to the side, moving out of my so he leaning against the wall next to the door. If I wanted to leave, I’d have to walk right pass him which I’d rather avoid. I couldn’t touch him, he couldn’t touch me.. What strength I do have, will be gone. Sean's touch sent tingles down my body. I miss his touch, I miss Sean but it didn't matter. I couldn't let him touch me. I cannot touch him.  “Because it’s none of your business.” I say, hoping it came out bitchy and rude. Maybe it would help deter Sean from me. Crossing my arms over my chest, tucking my hands under my armpit so I avoid touching him. I wouldn’t look at him because if I did my knees would go weak. His laughter hit my ears and I tried not to react, he knew that his laugh did things to me that they shouldn’t. He had never used it against me, even though he knew what it did. 

“Oh really? I’d have to disagree with that baby girl.” He said, using his nickname for me. I couldn't help but look at him then. I shouldn't have though. He was exactly the same; that dirty-blonde shaggy hair, those blue eyes of his that you could get lost in. He was wearing blue faded jeans with a dark blue t-shirt. It showed his muscles. Those muscles that I had spent nights running my fingers along, pressing my small kisses to. No stop Dylan! Stop thinking about that! I demanded to myself. I couldn’t get distracted by him. By the memories we shared, the feelings we have for one another. I was here to help Hayley, not fall in love with Sean again. Not that I stopped loving him… I would just end up loving him even more, if that's possible.

“Sean, I left you remember?” I said, trying to push him away. I couldn’t get back together with him as Blade is still out there somewhere. Blade would hurt him, them if I do. He stood up straight now, his gaze on me.

“How could I forget that? You left in the middle of the night when you promised. You promised that we would talk about you leaving but you just left. You left me.” He said, pain flashing in his eyes and his voice coloured by his hurt. I knew I had broken the promise but I had too. It was to save him, t save Adrian and the others. “Do you know how much I’ve thought about that? About you leaving me in the middle of the night?” He took two steps forward that closed the distance between us.  He didn’t touch me but I could feel his heat radiating off him. Sean, like most shifters, had a higher temperature than us witches, vampires and other non-supes. “Do you remembering the feeling of falling asleep in my arms?” He asked me, seeming not affected by our close proximity. “I do. I can hardly sleep without thinking about it.” He voices, his voice dropping to a lower, rougher tone. He took another step closer, meaning I took one back trying to avoid his touch but it ended up with me backed up against wall. He put his arms by my head so I was trapped. I could push him away, scream and shout until he did but I didn't want too.