You're a what? I'm your mate (4) Wolves.

A/N: This has been edited and is still short. There is not much to say, just wanted you to understand my kind of werewolf as everyone has their own type.

The rest of the day went alright, no one bothered me which was relaxing. I didn't want to deal with anyone else. I didn't see Adrian Hunter again which was good but bad at the same time. I couldn't stop thinking about him. At all, it was really worrying that I had only had a brief meeting with him and I was already like this. I seemed obsessed with him. Matt kept asking me questions. None about Mum, thank god. I really missed Mattie. I hadnt realise how much until today, it was nice to spend some time with him today. We had always been close when we were younger. He knew Mum and the Aunts. He had spent many evenings and days with us. We spent the day reminiscing about those days as well just getting to know each other again.

As I arrived home, Aunt Margaret was in the kitchen. "Hello Hayley. Did your first day go alright?" She asks me as I walk passed her to pick up an apple from the fruit bowl that was always filled with  a variety of fruits.
"Yeah, it went fine." I replied, whilst heading back to the door to leave the room. Aunt Margaret was nice enough but I wasn't particularly close to her. We could easily spend time together but occasionally, I saw an emotion in her gaze that I couldn't recognise.
"Wait," She said, forcing me to stop mid-step. "Did you make any friends?" She asks, a small sigh slipped from my lips at this. I should have expected the question. The Aunts felt it was important for me to have friends my age.
"A few. Turns out Matt Dylan, still lives here so... We were catching up today." I said. She smiled as I dropped the name. 
"Yes I remember him. He's a nice lad." Aunt Margaret replied, smiling. She seemed happy I had met him again. I nodded in agreement to him. Matt was nice. 
"Yeah he is, well I'm going up stairs."  I replied before leaving the room. I know she would have asked more questions about my day that I just didn't want to answer.

ADRIAN POINT OF VIEW:

"Hey Ade, you okay?" Sean asked me, he could always tell when I'm distracted. It's what made us best friends, we were both loyal to each other and cared a great deal.
"What? Oh yeah, fine." I said. I couldn't stop thinking about Hayley Parker. Her smile, her red hair. She was small but very curvy; she was a beautiful female. Regina laughed at this, whilst shaking her head with amusement at me. 
"He's thinking about that new girl," She said with a grin. I wasnt sure how she knew this, but I didnt want to let her know she was right. Regina was always really good at reading people, especially the people she cared about.
"No, I'm not."  I said, denying it even though she was all I could think about. 
"Oh yeah... Hayley Parks, is it?" Damien asked, while coming into the room and kissing Reg on the cheek. She lovingly smiled at him as he took a seat down by her feet. Regina and Damien were lucky, they had found each other at a young age. Damien was a year older than us but it hadn't stopped them two. Damien had known he was her mate when he turned 14 but he couldn't approach her as it was a young age. So he waited, it took two years for her to acknowledge the bond and they have been mated for 3 years now. No one was surprised by the mating bond.
"Hayley Parker." I said, automatically correcting him on her name. Laughter met my ears in reply. They were clearly amused by the quick correcting about the girl I hardly knew.  
"So you like her?" Damien asks.  I shrug, not knowing what it was about her. I couldn't say I liked her, I didn't know her. The meeting was only about a minute long but there was something about her that drew him towards her.
"Don't know, I only spoke to her for a couple of minutes."  I explained, trying not to let the disappointment shine through the tone of my voice.
"Yeah but sometimes you can just tell... You know." Sean says while looking over at Damien and Regina. They knew straight away. There was no questions or confusion about their feelings for each other. Regina, although had taken longer to acknowledge the bond, she had a crush on him and was so relieved he was her mate.
'Like me and Dylan' Sean said to me, using the bond to have a private chat. 
'She'll come back Sean.' I said, promising him that she would. I believe she would. Dylan was Sean's best friend and his soul mate. But before she met Sean, she was with this guy called Blade. He seemed to have basically helped raise her although he had tried to be more, he had hit her a few times and had even tried to rape her but she said that wasnt what it was.
Dylan left Sean and this place about three months ago because Blade threatened to kill Sean and everyone she cared about if she didn't go back to him. So instead she ran, it was her natural reaction. So we wouldn't get hurt, or worse. But Sean, every since then, has never been the same. It's like she took part of his heart with him. I couldn't blame him, no-one could. They are mates.
'She better. I miss her like crazy.' He says, his beta wolf side showing a little with the growl of his voice.
'I think we all do. She was something.' I reply. I like Dylan; she was tough, funny, intelligent, didnt take rubbish from anyone and she was perfect for Sean. I just wish she hadn't broke Sean's heart. 
'Yeah she was.' He says, with a smile. 'So is Hayley your...?' A sigh slipped from my lips at this.
'I don't know, but man I feel drawn to her.' I see him smiling at this.
'Go for it then!' He replies. I look at him and he nods in confirmation.

You see, my family and I are not your average family. We're werewolves. My dad is their alpha which means by law I'll be the next one, if they accept me. Each area has an Alpha that rules it. They look after the people and make the hard decisions if any are needed. Although they are a few who do not belong to a pack, they are known as outsiders.

Our Pack is different from others; you see we're also basically what you would call royal. My great-great-great-great-great-great granddad was one of the first werewolves ever. So that gives us advantages over most wolves.  

Every wolf has a mate out there and most meet theirs. But the ones that don't live a lonely life. Once you meet your mate and you accept each other. You're life force is connected to theirs. If one gets hurt the other would know somehow. But if one dies the other ones soul leaves with them.

It was sad but we mate for lives, some wolves are unlucky in not finding them at all in life; some find them later on and some find them very early on. Once you become mated though, your wolf becomes stronger and you become more.

A mate bond is there which allows you to feel really strong emotions which helps if your mate is in danger or feeling fear. I hope I find my mate more, because an Alpha without a mate... Is possible but an Alpha with a mate is stronger, happier and just better.