You are what? I'm your mate? (1) Morning.

Today was my first day, at my new school; Rosemary High. 2 months ago, I moved in with my 3 aunts- Margaret, Faye, and Claudia . My aunts own the local witch shop, or as they like to call it the Magic shop. But either way it sells things to do with witchy magic stuff. Need a love potion or you need to curse someone? My Aunt's shop is the place to go.

Me? I don't believe in that magic stuff, but my Aunts do. They say that magic is the thing that brought us out into the world, and if they're true and it did... Well then I don't like it. Before, moving in to my Aunts, I was living with my Mum like any other child does but 5 months agothat chnaged. She died. I was crying so much that I missed her funeral. My Aunts tell me that it wasn't my fault when I know that it was; at least I was a reason for her death. I just didn't know why or even how. I can't explain why and I know a lot of teens believe they're the cause of their parents death.. Some how, but with me it is the truth. Something deep in my mind tells me that I'm the reason she died, not that the medical proof supports this. But I know I'm the reason and I know it wasn't just bad health. I miss Mum so much, i'm not like my old self. I've changed so much. I've become quieter, more private and reserved. I feel lost without her, she was my Mum.

"Hayley, are you up? You're going to be late for you first day at school." Aunt Margaret called up. Aunt Margaret and I have spoken many times about me being home schooled but she wouldn't hear it. She said that neither her or her sisters have the time and knowledge to do this. They also couldn't afford to miss the time at work. She also argued that being with people my age will be good for me, personally it just sounds horrible.

"Yeah I'm up. Just getting my bag sorted." I called down. Making sure I have everything I need for school, for the hundredth time, I head down stairs.

I went into the kitchen to find Aunt Faye making coffee. Aunt Faye had blonde shoulder length hair; she was about a head taller than me, she also has these cat-like eyes that were hazel. Aunt Faye is the one I can go to talk about anything, because she was, what she likes to call, a free-spirit when she was my age. She always encourages me to break one of Aunt Margaret's many rules. Aunt Margaret is the oldest out of the 3; she has brown hair and is always the one you can go to when you're in trouble. She could solve any problem or situation youre in. She's very potectice, they all are but she would do anything to protect us even if it makes her the bad guy. Lastly, Aunt Claudia is the quiet one, she has brownish-blonde hair and is about the same height is me. She is known to be the kind hearted one and often kept the peace between her two sisters. She is also always there to support me whatever I decide. They all are, I may not understand them half the time but I love them. They are my family and I am lucky to have them,

"Hey baby girl, you already for school?" Aunt Faye asks me, while taking a sip from her drink. She had called me this since I can remember. It was her affectionate name for me.

"Yeah, guess." I said, not sounding very excited. She stands there watching me, letting out a heavy sigh; she walks over to me and gently presses a kiss to my forehead.

"You're gonna be fine." Faye promises me, I nod, but didn't say anything. There wasn't a lot I could say to that. She pulls me into a hug, and whispers. "We miss her too." I realise that a single tear has escaped. I pull away and smile slightly. Sometimes I just randomly started to cry, i never noticed it now. Crying was normal activity for me at the moment,.

"I know. I'm gonna go. Don't want to be late." I tell her, pulling away and wipkng the tear zaay angerily. This wasnt something i wanted to talk about. Sending her a quick smile, I grab my bag and head to school.

All eyes were on me as i arrive at school. They all just stare as i walk passed; a few males whistled and winked, making suggestive comments which i happily ingored. Some of the girls glared , clearly not impressed with the male attention i recieved but it was only because i was new meat. They could have them. I sighed to myself. This was gonna be fun; I hated attention like this.I headed straight to my homeroom. As I arrived I walk up to the teacher, she is quite tall, with brown shoulder length hair. "Umm... Excuse me?" I said politely, waiting for the lady to look up.

"Yes?" She says, and then she smiles. "Oh you must be the new student. Hayley..." She looks stumbled at trying to remember my last name.

"Hayley Parker, Miss" I say, assisting her politely. She smiled softly at me in thanks.

"Yes. Parker. Well I'm Ms Turnswell; I'm your homeroom teacher. So here is your timetable." She hands me over a piece of paper. "And if you need anything, I'm here." I nodded and mumble a 'thank you' and head off to find an empty table at the back. "Oh and..." I turn round to face her, wondering what else she would have to say to a new student "...I'm sorry about your mother." I nod, and walk away. I wasnt expecting that but I hope that I don't get that all day. My family were all here for a long period of time, the Aunts set up shop here and Mum used to work there as well. She had even taken college classes here. This town was important to her family.