The Dream Catcher

Start from the beginning

"Got it. I'll be more careful and erase any trace he remembers about me." The boss smiled. "Wait a bit for that. Don't erase any trace of you – I have a better plan."

Tyler adjusted his clothes. "Are you sure this is going to work?" The boss nodded. "Yes. You'll appear as any other person in his life, and if he remembers you, it's normal because you know each other." Tyler nodded slowly. It had been better to remove the memories, but he wasn't complaining. He would be able to spend time with the boy, and the boy would remember him. He smiled softly. "Yes sir."

Ethan walked to school. He had never really been good at school – he couldn't sit still and his thoughts always wandered around. Except for art and gymnastics he wasn't really good at anything. He did have friends who made school fun, but there was still something missing.

He walked into the art classroom, sitting down and immediately working on a new sketch. It was a hand, laying on his own forehead. He stared at it for a few moments. "Ethan, what is this sketch?" his teacher asked curiously. "I have no idea. It's a hand on my forehead, that I know, but I have no idea who's it is." His teacher nodded slowly. "It's a memory I woke up with. It was cold, but it felt warm at the same time. I probably dreamt it but it felt so real..." If Ethan told anyone but his teacher, he would probably be stared at or called crazy. There was a knock on the door. "Oh that must be the new student," the teacher said, clapping in his hands.

The door opened and revealed the most stunning creature Ethan had ever seen. He was tall, muscular, with brown eyes and curls. "Hi, I'm Tyler Scheid," he introduced himself shaking the teachers hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm your art teacher, PJ Liguori. Most of the students just call me PJ." Tyler smiled and Ethan's breath got stuck in his throat. "And you are?" he asked. "Ethan Nestor. Nice to meet you," he said, almost tripping over his words. "Would you like to lead Tyler around the school, Ethan? I have some projects to finish." Ethan knew it wasn't true. PJ was too lazy to do anything but his art. He smiled and nodded.

Ethan told about every classroom what it was, and between the classrooms they just talked. Ethan couldn't remember he had so much fun just talking. They had a lot in common – liked the same bands, TV-shows, hobbies, etc. "Hey, wanna go home together?" Ethan suddenly proposed, mentally face palming himself. He barely knew Tyler, they met like half an hour ago. "Sure!" Tyler said enthusiastically.

Tyler was so incredibly happy. It felt nice to be around Ethan, and at least the kid liked him. Even though they didn't have any classes except for art and English together, he couldn't stop smiling and blushing.

After school he ran outside of the building towards the waiting Ethan. "Hey," he panted. "Hi." They walked in a comfortable silence until they arrived at Ethan's house. "Ma! I'm home!" "Welcome home sweetie! And oh, who's this?" she said, nudging Ethan's side. "Ma...he's a friend. He's new at school."

They sat enthusiastically talking about YouTube in Ethan's room. "Oh, it's already 5 pm! I have to go!" Ethan looked sad. "Really? Can't you stay the night," he pleaded, again face palming himself mentally. Tyler smiled. "I'll call my parents." He walked out of the room and called his boss. "Hey uhm...Ethan invited me to stay at his place, it'll be easier to judge but I can't do other people...Can I  take a day off?" The boss was silent for a minute. "Of course. You'll take care of Ethan, while I'll send someone else for the rest. And also, Tyler?" "Yes?" "Don't jump him," he chuckled, making Tyler blush. "You go imagining but I won't do anything." And he hang up.

They talked side by side until Ethan fell asleep on Tyler's shoulder. Tyler smiled and carefully placed his hand on his forehead.

He walked over the empty streets. All the lights were off, except for the one where he stood under. The birds were cheeping even though it was late at night. Suddenly another light, far away from his, jumped on. A man taller than him with a masquerade mask on walked towards him. Every step he took further was magical, with the lights dimming after him and glowing before him. Small drops of fluent moonlight dropped down from the dark blue and purple sky. The masked man came closer to him, taking his hand for a dance. He gladly took the hand, swirling gracefully around with the man. He lifted his chin with a slender finger until he looked the man in the eyes. The man took off his mask, to reveal Tyler's face. He pulled him closer, connecting their lips.

Panting pulled Tyler his hand of his friends forehead. He grabbed his wrist, his hand was burning hot. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Why would Ethan dream something like this? He only knew him for one day. And what do I do with this dream? He was so confused. He unlocked his phone and called his boss. "Yes, what's up?" the boss informally answered. "Boss! You were right – he did dream about me...It was not a bad dream, what do I do?!" "What did you do in his dream?" Tyler blushed. "We...we kissed." The other side was silent for a moment. "B-boss?" "Yeah, still here...I was just surprised. Kissing was all huh..." Tyler flushed even redder. "Boss!" "Yeah yeah, sorry, keep the dream. You liked it, admit it. Just ask him out. Sheesh. You're just here to ask me for love advice." He mumbled something Tyler didn't understand but sounded suspiciously a lot like "just fuck already".

Ethan woke up seeing Tyler playing on his phone at the end of his bed. He smiled. "Morning Tyler," he greeted. "Morning!" Ethan suddenly remembered his dream, and his face turned red, contrasting his blue hair. "Ethan, there's something I need to tell you." He sat down next to the smaller boy. "I...am a Dream Catcher." Ethan narrowed his eyes in confusion and pointed at the dream catcher above their heads. Tyler nodded. "Yeah. I judge whether dreams are "bad" or "good". I place my hand on their forehead," he explained, placing his hand on Ethan's forehead. It all made sense now for him. The Deja-vu... "I have to look inside their head. I can see the dream...and I also saw your dream last night." He swallowed. "Did you like the dream, Ethan?" The boy, completely red by now, clenched his hands in his blanked and bit his lips. All or nothing now. He slowly nodded, eyeing Tyler from the corner of his eyes. To his surprise Tyler smiled widely and slowly grazed his lips over Ethan's.

"Really?" he pouted. He smiled and pulled Tyler into another kiss. "If you have to take my first kiss do it properly."

Tyler and Ethan, now 26 and 25, had been dating for seven years. Tyler had bought them promise rings which they wore with pride, because they both agreed they were too young to marry. However, Tyler had been nervous for about a week. He swallowed, checked his watch, tapped with his foot, and repeated it all over again. "When will the sun finally go under," he mumbled.

Tyler put on his coat and threw his boyfriend's coat to him. "Ethan, can I take you somewhere?" Ethan nodded curiously. He was the creative one, but Tyler had sometimes some good ideas too and he was always enthusiast to see them.

It was dark. "Stay here," Tyler whispered. Suddenly all the lights went out, except for the one Ethan stood under. Tyler appeared in another light, a bit further away. As he started walking, the lights behind him went out and the lights before him light up. He wore a mask – one of those beautiful masquerade masks. Tyler moved closer and offered his hand. Ethan smiled – he knew what would happen next. He remembered the dream. They danced through the empty streets, not caring if anyone saw them because they were so in love. Tyler took off his mask, but instead of kissing him he sunk down on one knee. "Ethan Nestor. I've seen a lot of dreams but I've never seen one as beautiful as you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, together." He smiled. "Will you marry me?" Ethan, crying by now, nodded happily. "Yes. Yes!" Tyler picked him up and spun him around. "Now, we both know how the dream ended don't we?" he put him down and tilted his chin. "I love you," he mumbled before connecting their lips. "I love you too."

A/N: hey so you guys probably need a life. I mean, so many reads? Why??? Am I dreaming???

Also this was made pretty late so I apologized if it sucked more than the other ones.

If you're still reading this, wtf? but I would like to try something. Idk if you can send pictures here on wattpad, but I want you guys to send me pictures and I want to think up a story. Every single story I made was because I looked at a picture, for example this is because i went to a friends house and when I laid on his bed I noticed he had a dream catcher. DO NOT QUESTION MY MIND. If you can't through Wattpad, my twitter is at Random_kaiser orrrrrrr just message me the link through Wattpad. I would really appreciate it!!!