Play It Cool [22]

Whenever the month of October ends, and Halloween is over, that's it. The only thing anyone ever thinks from then on, is usually about Christmas. Usually, every year many different students from all four houses end up going home for the holidays, to spend time with their family. Those who didn't have a family to go back to on the other hand, for example: Harry, they just stayed at school and celebrated the Christmas season there, whether it be with their friends or... Alone.

To Harry's dismay, not only was Ron going home to his family to celebrate Christmas, but so was the rest of the Weasley's, including Ginny. Hermione was going to spend time with her muggle parents, probably go ice skating or something, whatever she had decided that she was up to... Which left Harry with very little options of what to do during the break. He'd probably just have to mope around in the Gryffindor common room this year. After all, it's not like Draco was going to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas... Was he?

Curious, Harry looked over to Draco who was in a different area of the classroom, currently conversing with his usual group of friends: Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise and Pansy... Harry really didn't want to have to go over, to ask him. After all, he had done that many times enough and he didn't know how much more he could stand Draco's friends tormenting him every time he came over to speak to his new found Slytherin friend.

Looking around, to make sure neither of his friends were looking his way, Harry quickly scribbled something onto a note, before carefully folding it up and sending it flying across the classroom, right to Draco. Confused, Draco's eyes locked onto the paper as it came fluttering through the air towards him. When it was close enough, he carefully took it into his grasp before unfolding it, reading it and raising his eyebrows, realising who it was from. He looked up from the crumpled piece in his hands, his eyes meeting Harry's as a small grin fell on his face.

"Was this from you?" Draco mouthed to Harry, who nodded at him in response. Luckily for the two, no one seemed to really be paying all that much attention to either of them, so no questions were asked by any confused viewers.

Eyeing his two friends, Draco turned the paper over and wrote something in return, before sending it back across to Harry. It was then that it caught Ron's attention, and he gave Harry a puzzled look when he caught the paper within his hands.

"Who the hell is that from?" Ron questioned. Harry jumped, quickly putting it behind his back, before stuffing it into his pocket.

"Nothing. It's from no one." Harry quickly responded, avoiding Ron's eyes as he speedily went back to working on the potion before him. Ronald narrowed his eyes at him by a tad, before slowly glancing back at his own work and once again minding his own business. When Harry saw this, he took the note back out, going to read Draco's response and a smile fell upon his face.

What Harry had written to Draco, was: "Are you going home for Christmas this year?"

And Draco had responded with a: "I don't know. Was thinking of staying here to be honest. Why?"

It was just a lot of sending notes back and forth, trying to talk to each other when they were on different sides of the classroom. Of course, after awhile they had to stop, before people started to get weirdly suspicious. But Harry was basically trying to tell him that he was just asking because he figured he was probably going to have no one to hang out with him at Christmas. And Draco replied with:

"Are you asking ME to hang out with you or something? Think you can handle that?"

"I don't really think you're too much to handle."

"Oh really? Well, if you're so sure, maybe we can hang out."

And that was that, completely sorted for the holidays. And to be honest, he didn't really know why, but it kind of made Harry ecstatic to know that he'd be hanging around Draco for the Christmas break. He was thinking maybe he could hear some of Draco's stories about any previous Christmases he had, if he had any happy or exciting stories to tell at all, with his father being the way he is and all.

But still, weirdly enough, Harry felt like he felt a tad too excited for his own good. In fact, he probably felt more up beat about the fact that Hermione and Ron weren't going to be there anymore, along with Ginny. Because now he could actually get the chance to spend more time with his friend from the green house, rather than them interfering all the time, telling him how Draco was such a bad influence on him. But Harry really didn't believe Draco was doing anything wrong, he just wanted Harry's friendship and that's what he was going to give him.

****

Getting to spend time with Harry on Christmas, Draco couldn't believe it! He may have been an 18 year old teenage boy, but at this moment in time he could have easily went from being said teenage boy, to acting like a total 8 year old school girl right now. In a way, it kind of made him cringe, seeing as he had never really acted this way about another person before. Then again, he'd never really fallen this hard for any other person in his life. Come to think of it, Harry was probably the first crush he had ever had.

Of course, like any other time they hung out, he was just going to have to play it cool. Even though in most situations he always sucked at that, and Harry could easily read him... But he was just hoping for things NOT to go bad this Christmas, and instead he and Harry could have a great time together, really enjoying the month of December.

It was going to be a great month.