Girls Just Want to Have Fun Chapter 6: The Longest Night

Is it dark, where you are?

Can you count the stars where you are?

Do you feel like you are a thousand miles from home?

Are you lost, where you are?

Can you find your way when you're so far?

Do you fear, where you are?

A thousand nights alone

So here we are set into motion

We'll steal a car and crash in the ocean

You and I, caught in a fading light

On the longest night

The Longest Night- Howie Day

Bella's POV:

"Why were you kissing him?" Edward asked again, this time he was now sitting beside me in my truck.  I could hear him growl louder, the sound echoing like thunder within his throat.

I never really thought of Edward as a monster even though he was an ancient creature who had the skills to kill anyone who came into his path, but at this moment as I stared into Edward's angry eyes, I actually feared the vampire in front of me. I felt terrible for kissing Jacob and I knew I couldn't tell Edward that because it would break his heart. All I wanted was to be close to Edward. I just wanted to feel his  body wrapped around my own.

"I'm so sorry Edward, he kissed me first." I said.

"I should have attacked him when I had the chance, next time I see him I will get even and he will be sorry for ever touching you!" Edward said growling again.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you? You know I hate anyone touching you. My sweet, sweet Bella?" He asked as he pushed a strand of hair away from my face.

"I'm fine Edward, it was just a kiss, please don't do anything to him, he didn't mean anything by it I swear." I replied hoping to calm Edward down with my words. I wasn't really mad at Jacob, the kiss felt amazing and it felt good to actually be kissed by someone. I still cared for Jacob and I didn't want anything to happen to him.

"Are you sure Bella? You know my life would be meaningless if anything were to happen to you." Edward said.

I nodded my head. Although his statement was very sentimental, I knew it was the main reason why Edward refused to be close with me so now every time I heard those words, I cringed.

As I stared at Edward and studied his angry expression, I realized that maybe he was willing to be close with me.

"You know Edward; you don't have to worry because you are a better kisser than Jacob." I said smiling as I leaned over and kissed his cold but smooth lips. They tasted as sweet as honey and my body longed for the taste of his terrific taste. I needed him so much. I needed him like plants needed the sun. I needed to feel his satin skin on my own.

"Bella! Stop! I told you we can't do this! Why are you being so stubborn? You know damn well I could hurt you at any moment!" Edward said his teeth clenching shut.

Edward was angry again. But so was I.

"You are not going to hurt me! I trust you too much and I know you love me too much to ever put me in any danger! Please can we just try and take things slow?" I asked trying to make him change his mind.

"Bella, every day I put your life in danger but every time we are intimate that danger increases dramatically! There is nothing I wouldn't do for you, but I will not put your life in danger!" Edward said almost yelling as his deep, dark voice echoed like thunder in a heavy rain storm.