|12|

*Back to Parker's POV*

The minute I saw him pacing in front of the car, my heart started racing faster than a motorcycle. I must of scared him because he hadn't noticed that I was walking up to him. He jumped and turned around, his face flushing and he opened his mouth to speak just to ask the question that zip had been contemplating the answer to for weeks.
"Why?"
"Why? What do you mean?"
"Why are you finally willing to do it?"
I shrugged, "I missed you too much."
He scoffed, "No really, why?"
"Michael, that's exactly why. I miss every little piece of you. I miss the way you'd show up at my door, I miss the way you smell, I miss how that you always comfort me after I fuck up again, I miss that you came to me for comfort after your incidents, I DEFINITELY miss the cuddles. You have no idea how much I've missed that, like Luke is good at cuddling but he's lanky-"
"No, this is all bullshit. You still don't want to do this? You're only doing it so you can have a friend back, because that's clearly all I am-"
"Parker, stay away from him, I will not let you do this." The voice I heard wasn't the voice of the boy that I was desiring to hear, but it was another voice that I could never dislike; Ashton.
At this moment, I was in tears because he wouldn't accept my version of an apology. Ashton lifted me up from behind, spinning me around and walking me to his car. My eyes were flooded and he rubbed my back before opening the backseat door, revealing a disappointed Luke who had open arms that immediately wrapped around me. My breaths were heavy but not as heavy as the weight on my heart. I thought that maybe telling him would get rid of the weight but he- no, his words just made it heavier.
My ears were muffled but I still managed to hear Ken-Bear's voice from the passenger's seat as Ash starts to drive, "I'm so sorry, Parks. Maybe we could have a girls night and-"
"It must involve two boys to protect both of you. Luke and I volunteer as tribute!"
"Ashton, we don't need protection-" she laughed as she spoke.
"IT's FRIDAY NIGHT, YOU ARE TWO BEAUTIFUL TEENAGE GIRLS.YOU NEED PROTECTION." He yelled.

As I watched from the backseat, peeping through Luke's arms, seeing Kennedy's face looking directly at Ashton with a face so angry, I could hear it- oh wait, I could hear it through her furious words.
"ASHTON, IF YOU KEEP INTERRUPTING AND YELLING, YOU'LL BE NEEDING SOME DAMN PROTECTION!" She then sat back down into the seat, buckled herself, and crossed her legs like a lady, of course.

I giggled along with Luke as Ashton drove, he looked terrified, and Ken-Bear's scowl turned into a happy grin. We were in my driveway as I began to question how they'd sleepover without any stuff, but then they began pulling bags out of the trunk.

"We were going to sleep over someone's house whether they liked it or not." Ash explained as I unlocked the front door. They burst in and quickly set themselves up in the living room, I ran the stairs and got changed into something comfortable, then ran back down to see three people raiding my kitchen.
It felt like I had recovered from that incident rather quickly, but it had still hurt, I was just distracted by these people that I could gladly call amazing. I hopped up and sat on the counter, watching them as they looked over.
"What do you say we just order pi-Chinese food?"

Ash looked at me curiously after those jumbled words, curious as to why I didn't suggest pizza, like we always order.
"Why don't we order p-"

"Chinese is fine. This way we can have the food of Calum's people since we don't have him here." Luke was now in front of my spot on the counter, hugging me and rubbing the small area on my back. It was really hard to not cry because that was his original idea to have pizza at every sleepover.

I patted his chest to sign that I was okay and he backed away so I could hop off the counter. I suggested that we just order the food, watch movies and Ashton got the hint.
Luke insisted that we watch Mean Girls just to set the mood, like, he's as cliche as it gets. We watched it because nobody likes a poor blonde boy. Ashton said he'd cuddled everyone in our friend group except for Kennedy, so she was "initiated". That's the word Ash used to describe how we introduced new people, a rare occasion, to our friend group.
Overall, Kennedy had to cuddle our small, blonde boy. Luke was blonde, but not small.
Anywho, I was left to cuddle with Luke, who, even though I called him Lanky, was second best with the cuddles. I still missed Michael's cuddles, though. I missed him in general.
When Lucas caught me thinking about Michael, or staring into space, he'd nudge me and direct my thoughts back to the movie.

It was hard to do so when he'd watched the movie with us at the beginning of every sleepover.
Luke poked my cheek again.
I apologized. He told me to stop saying sorry and kissed my hair.
Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat.
After that movie, Kennedy wanted a horror movie, I don't know why, but she did.
During one of the silent parts, a knock on my front door was heard, and since Luke, Ashton, and I were all too terrified to get up from our spots on the couch, Ken-Bear got up and answered the door. I heard her telling someone to leave, then she came back with a grinning Calum.
She must have told him to leave, but he insisted to stay.
That's just what Cal-Pal did.
She went to Ashton, whispered something to him, then he whispered something to Luke.
Luke didn't follow the train and refused to tell me what had been passed along. No one seemed to want me to know, all I noticed was that Kennedy had cuddled into Calum rather than Ashton, leaving him alone, and Cal wasn't trying to make any moves. Go Ken-Bear. Way to change that fuckboi.

I bugged him throughout the entire movie, until the next movie was started and I got really into the plot line.

I didn't realize why I had gotten so into the plot until Luke picked me up and set me down in the foyer, near the front door. I went to ask why, but I tasted tears.

"Love, I know the movie hit home-"
"Why would it his home? Why am I crying?
He wiped my cheeks and explained.

The main character had been wanted only for sex and she wanted to change that but it was hard. Then she met a guy, who she though could've changed that but he turned to a prick with a motive. Sound familiar?

I wanted to start balling, but I couldn't do that to Luke. He's awkward enough and forcing him to try and comfort me would just make him more awkward.
More tears came slowly to my eyes and chased after the previous tears. Both of Luke's hands cupped my face and that face I had just found to be suddenly gorgeous had been getting dangerously close to mine.
"Don't cry. He's not worth it."
"For me, he is. He's way worth it."
"There will be other guys."
"Like who?" After my words, he began to lean in, I was scared but excited, that is until a thump was heard from the front door.

I had jumped from Luke, but we shared a glance, and I abruptly opened the door to reveal a body laying on the staircase leading to the deck. Their feet were on the top step, and their head was on the very first step from the bottom. They were leaving the house-

It's Michael. Michael. Outside of my house, he had fallen (and can't get up) and probably really hurt himself.

I really really miss his cuddles, now.