Chapter 42

Scorpius was still staring down at his phone when he hung up. Crystal tears were sparkling in his eyes, and a wobbly smile curved his lips when he glanced up at Albus.

It felt like he was stuck in a dream, just about to wake up into the world of harsh reality. "Oh my god," the young Malfoy managed to choke out, his voice hoarse.

Albus grinned softly, gently running a thumb over Scorpius' hand. "Are you alright?"

Scorpius wiped a tear away, expression light and full of joy. "I can't believe that actually happened," he admitted. "It feels like I'm stuck in a dream, or something."

Albus unconsciously lifted a hand to brush a tear away that had escaped Scorpius' eye, blushing violently when he realised his action. "Oh, um, sorry," he stammered, cheeks red.

Scorpius smiled softly, glancing at the young Potter with utter adoration. "It's fine," he reassured Albus. "I like it."

Albus grinned back in response. A couple of hesitant beats passed, the tiny space between them filled with content silence. "What are we?" He whispered, his tone questioning.

Scorpius' mouth curved upwards, a peaceful look smoothing the worried lines on his expression.

"Whatever you want to be."

——————————————————

I can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter, it's going to be wiLD

*throws in Troye Sivan reference because I can*