Chapter 28

It's been a few weeks since Lauren visited Miami, and despite the distance, their relationship has flourished beyond belief. Since their honest conversation that one night where they vented out and opened up, both girls promised that they would make this work.

Since Lauren got back to Georgia, she decided to try out for the school softball team and be more involved with school like she was back in Miami. Of course, she made the team in an instant, and she's even been declared one of the best players.

Speaking of softball, Lauren had a game the day before, and she "broke" her ankle in the process. Truth was, Lauren didn't really break her ankle. It was only a slight sprain. But she told Camila otherwise so that her surprise plan would be put into place. She was planning on surprising her girlfriend at prom in a few weeks, and Camila would have no idea.

So here she was, at home, lying in bed, and trying to get Camila to stop freaking out over the phone.

"How the hell did you break your ankle Lauren?!" Camila yelled trough the phone, which caused Lauren to hold the device farther away from her ear. "I told you to be careful"

"Camz, it's not like I meant to do it on purpose. These things happen all the time out on the field." Lauren shrugged it off as she attempted to make Camila feel better about the situation that wasn't actually as bad as Camila thought.

"All the time?!" Camila carried on with 20 minutes of continuous rambling on about how Lauren should be more careful and how she couldn't be there to take care of her "baby".

Lauren just laid there and listened to her girlfriend's mad ramblings and she couldn't help but stifle a giggle.

"W-wha- why are you laughing?" Camila asked as she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "You could've died!" She exclaimed, which was finally the last thing she said before Lauren burst out laughing through the speakers of the phone.

"I'm not gonna die because of a broken ankle babe" Lauren spoke through her laughs. She thought how it was very cute that Camila was all worried about her.

"Here. I brought you-" A voice came through the door as Camila stayed silent and listened in on who this person was.

"Oh sorry, was I interrupting?" Lucy questioned, not wanting to cut into their loving couple conversations.

"I'm just talking to Camz" Lauren replied with a smile as she motioned towards her phone and put it on speaker.

"Hi Camila! It's Lucy" Lucy greeted her old friend.

"Oh heyyy Lucy! How are you?" Camila returned the greeting, trying to be nice to Lauren's friend.

To Lauren's surprise, Lucy and Camila made conversation and talked to each other for a few minutes while she just laid down and listened to them.

"Well, I was just coming by with Lauren's homework." Lucy said as she handed it over to her friend. "Camila, would you tell your girlfriend to put ice on her ankle? She's being a stubborn ass" Lucy requested, using Camila as Lauren's weakness.

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui! Put that ice on your ankle! We just had a half an hour discussion on how careless you were being in the first place!" Camila shouted through the phone once more which made Lauren blush with embarrassment. Lucy stood there, watching her friend get flustered and she laughed at Lauren getting told off by Camila.