"Mutsumi?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you get coffee at such a late time?"

Mu's expression fell slightly. He readjusted his glasses and took a sip of his coffee.

"Can I tell you something?"Mu whispered.

"Yes. Anything."

"I don't sleep."

"What? How..?" Shi questioned, dumbfounded.

"My brother had to bring me to the doctors yesterday due to my lack of sleep. That's why I wasn't here. I'm constantly tired all the time, but I still cannot fall asleep. So I drink coffee to stay energized."

Shi spit out his drink. "Mu! You can't drink coffee! It makes you stay awake!"

Mu shrugged. "I still can't fall asleep whenever I don't drink coffee. My insomnia's just really bad I suppose."

Shi reached for Mu's hand and intertwined their fingers. Mu's eyes lit up and he smiled. How is he so happy when he's so tired? Shi thought.

"I c-can help you fall asleep!"

Mu looked at Shi, a glimmer of happiness in his eye. "Ok!"

"Uhm, well first..." he grabbed Mu's coffee and chucked it across the room. It landed with a splash and spilled over the hardwood floor.

Mu had a surprised expression on his face and then laughed. Shi giggled nervously. It wasn't supposed to spill like that! Now I have to clean it up. He mentally slapped himself.

After quickly mopping the floor, Shi had asked Mu if he could go to his house to help him sleep. He then blushed and shouted "Not in a bad way!"

Mutsumi's home wasn't far from the coffee shop, so they didn't have to walk in the frosty air for too long.

When they finally arrived at his house, Shi checked his phone and the time read 10:08pm (22:08.) He felt sleepy, but he knew Mu's sleep was more important than his.

Mu unlocked and opened the door and the two boys walked in. Mu's house was cosy, with a large wooden bookcase and a small kitchen. He had an oversized couch and two large beanbags placed in front of a warm fireplace.

"I apologize about the tidiness of my house, I wasn't able to clean beforehand." Mu said.

"Ah-it's okay!" Shi blushed and he wasn't sure why.

Mu beamed and gently pressed a kiss to Shi's forehead.

Shi screamed. Almost. After Mu pulled away and turned his head, Shi silently collapsed to the floor, crying.

"So what's your plan for sleep?" Mu asked, sitting on the armrest of his sofa.

Shi immediately stood up, wiping his eyes, and cleared his throat. "Uhm... where's your bedroom?"

Mu's eyes widened and he led Shi to his room. The room was comfy and Mu's cat was sleeping on the carpet. Yet, the large bed placed in the middle of it looked somewhat unused, like someone hadn't slept there for a while.

"Uh... okay," Shi muttered, feeling his face grow hot. "You should probably change into more comfortable sleeping clothes..."

Mu opened one of the drawers and picked out a t-shirt and pajama pants.

"Ah-ah um you can change I'll turn a-around," Shi spoke nervously and quickly looked away, tightly closing his eyes. He really wanted to turn back around and see but that was really rude of him. It was already bad that he wanted to see Mu undress in the first place.