Chapter Three: You owe me

My mouth dropped open my jaw practically on the floor.
"Well well well what do we have here," Sally said she couldn't have sounded more sarcastic if she tried.
"I was just.. I was just... "
Sally shook her head and laughed a little, "You think I'm stupid enough to believe whatever excuse you come up with?"
I was starting to sweat again, "Come on then show me what did you take?"
I frowned determined not to be honest with her, "I didn't take anything," I said firmly.
Sally looked down to where I had stuffed the cash I swallowed hard.
"So whats that then?" she said pulling up my top and revealing the money. I looked down at it for a second like I had just found it there myself.
I quickly back at sally she let go of my top and smiled but it wasn't a pleasant smile.
"If you say anything..." I threatened her she raised an eyebrow, "Then what?" She asked eyebrow still raised she looked genuinely curious.
"This hasnt got anything to do with you so piss off!" I said hoping she would.
"I think you'll find that it has now," she rolled her eyes as if deep in thought, "how about this, you give me half of however much you've got stuffed down there and I'll keep my mouth shut."
"No way," I said almost laughing at the idea of it, "never gonna happen."
"Oh dad," Sally called loud enough for him to actually hear my heart sank
"Okay okay," I said quickly lifting my top in frustration and taking five hundred quid out of my jeans for Sally I was going to get her back for this.
I handed it over to her, her eyes widened in excitement she sniffed it, "beautiful," she said and I watch as she lifted her hand and patted me on the cheek like I was some little kid.
"Pleasure doing business with you," she said before she walked off in the opposite direction I kept my eyes on her as she did the anger boiling within me.
It wasn't Danny pity patting next to me on my pillow. It was the sudden loud noise coming from Sally's room half way down the corridor or the fact that I felt suddenly hot.
It came to one thing alone that woke me from my sleep. My father burning in front of me, a nightmare gripped me. I had only had the dream once before, the night my mother died. I don't know why of all other times it had came too me. I sat up sweating, my breathing shaky, my heart bumping fast in my chest.
I wipe the sweat away, chuck the covers off my bed and get out of bed. I look around my room and sigh. Just another day at school...the thought of last night's little adventure tore into my thoughts, eating at me as soon as I thought back to it. The thousand pounds I took and half it no longer being with me because of Sally.
What if I don't have enough now?
What if Billy would think I didn't try hard enough?
What will I do then?
Someone knocked on my door; I stood rotted to the spot for a few seconds.
"Yes!" I call. "Breakfast is ready! My dad's called you five times already stupid moron!" shouts Sally from the other side of door. I look around to find something to chuck at her but I ignored her and started to get ready for school. I hate her I really hate her. I meant what I said I'm going to get her back and by that I mean I'm going to get that five hundred quid back and I know just the person to help me do it.
"Hey little Nico," Darren beamed when I walked into the common room I heard my stomach growl I skipped breakfast as usual but I ignore it. He walked over and sat down next to me.
"I thought I told you to stop calling me that!" I said in a voice that I meant it.
"And when have I ever done what you told me to before?" he said pointed out. He is right Darren loves bugging me and if I tell him to stop saying or doing something he does it more.
"Speaking of that," I said turning to look at him I kept my voice down not wanting anyone to hear, "I need your help with something."
He looked at me raising an eyebrow, "yeah?" He asked.
I nodded, "its a long story but I'll cut it short someone took something from me and I need you to help me get it back."
His face opened up into a something that looked like a smile, "no problem I'll sort him out and get you your stuff back." He raised his fists and knocked them together, "who is he what did he take?"
"Just some money that belongs to my dad and she's a girl."
The whole common room stopped what they were doing and looked at Darren laughing out loud I gave him a little punch on the arm, "Its not funny."
He quietened down a little but was still giggling. "Let me get this straight you need help getting something back from a girl?"
I didnt say anything just nodded briefly. "A girl"? He repeated more loudly. "Keep your voice down," I urged.
He shook his head and ruffled my hair I batted his hand away. "Don't worry little Nico Darren will help you get your money back from your little girly friend," he wheezed before bursting out laughing again.
I'm relieved but embarrassed at the same time he wouldnt be pissing his pantS laughing when he met Sally.
"Nico got what we arranged lad?" Billy asked me as he placed his hand on my shoulder he had just came into the common room and came straight over to us."What is he talking about?" Darren raised an eyebrow.
"Nothing to do with you!" Billy snapped. "Is that right?" Darren snapped right back pulling Billy's hand off my shoulder. "Darren it's alright," I say trying to convince him he is harmless even if that is a lie. "I'll give it to you later on," I whisper. "You better lad," he said before he storms off looking all of a sudden a lot more uptight. "When are you going to punch his face in? Cause trust me, Nico if you don't I will and it won't be pretty. What was that about anyway? What is going on little Nico! Tell me," he demands. Darren has this presence about him; it's hard to keep anything from him, especially something as big as this. I'm going to have to tell him the full story in the end right?
Should I fight it out or give in. What will he think? Never know with Darren. There was only 10 minutes left until form so I had to squeeze everything into ten minutes.
I told Darren everything his expressions throughout were sort of funny because I had never seen him locking shocked or suprised or completely taken aback.
Always happy or wasted or angry he got even angrier with billy when I told him about the money.
He tells me not to give it to him not a penny and to instead beat the shit out of him but I'm too afraid to do that even though I have Darren,
if things turned ugly which of course they would. I heard the bell ring I got up so did Darren.
"I'll see you later," I said to him placing my hand on his shoulder, "Meet me at the gates at three we'll go straight to my place okay?"
He nodded and said, "Okay little Nico I can't wait."
I shook my head smiled and walked off to my first lesson of the day my favourite maths.