Chapter 1: Back to School

Start from the beginning

"Really?  Your even threatening girls now? Why don't you just back off already? She said sorry".  

" Why don't you mind your own buisness faggot?", Jackson spat.  He picked up his bag and walked back into his homeroom, but not without shooting me a glare that could have froze the desert.

"Thanks Jacob, he really had me scared", I said to they young man as I got up.

 "No problem Meg".

Jacob, my best friend in the whole entire world.  I don't think I could ever live without him.  We've been best friends since 3rd grade.  In sixth grade he came out to me and told me he liked boys.  In a way I kind of expected it. He was always diffrent from all the other boys, more sensetive and caring. 

He took my arm and led me past miss Johnson ( I swear she was glaring at me) and led me to my seat next to his.

"Welcome back from summer vacation" Miss Johnson said with her best fake smile, " I assume all of you have done your summer homework".  Groans filled the classroom, apparently I wasn't the only one who forgot to do their homework.  I looked around the classroom and saw that only Salle stood up from her seat (at the front of the class, of course) and placed her homework on Miss. Johnson's desk.

"Really? is that everyone?" Miss Johnson asked but was soon answered when no one else got up to hand in their summer homework.  " Well then, I guess afterschool detention is going to be quite full today" Miss Johnson said with a smile (it was kind of creepy).  Her statement was followed by another loud set of groans.

For the rest of Miss Johnson's class I killed time by carving a very graphic and detailed picture of Miss Johnson getting pushed off a cliff (by me of course) into a pool of hungry rabid sharks with bombs strapped to their backs.  

Soon enough the bell rang for snacktime and we were let out from history.  Jacob walked with me down to my locker on the 1st floor.  "Hey, do you know Taylor Miller?" I asked Jacob as I took my lunch money out of my locker.  "Yeah, he's in grade nine right?" Jacob replied.  "Yeah, but did you hear? He came out a few days and told everyone he likes guys".

Jacob stopped walking. "What?! When?" 

"Like I said a few days ago, It was after gym and a few of the older boys cornered him and started pushing him around and teasing him, saying stuff like no girl would ever like a little fag like him."

Jacob scowled," thats terrible"

"I know right?! So then they get other boys to join in and tease him about girls but then he yelled out "MAYBE I'M NOT INTERESTED IN GIRLS!!" or something along those lines".

"Do you know if they left him alone after?"

I frowned," All the boys in nineth grade have been avoiding him since he came out, even some of his best and closest friends are talking behind his back now" I said as I swung the cafeteria door open.

I picked up a tray and started sliding it along the line.  Around this early they usually serve breakfasty food like cereal and orange juice.  I scanned the muffin section of the line too see if i could find something actually worth eating.  My eyes fell on a chocolate chocolate-chip muffin.  It was so beautiful I felt like crying.  I quickly reached out to grab it but someone else had decided to grab it too, someone with black nail polish.  

Since we all know I'm not the smartest girl in the school, it took a while for my brain to register who the hand belonged to. " Lets see, who do I know that wears black nailpolish?...Oh shit". I drew my hand back like the muffin was poisonous.  

"Oh sorry Megan, did you want this?"

I slowly shifted my gaze up from the muffin and let it travel up until I found myself staring into a pair of beautiful deep brown eyes.