Spell Reversal

"I love you, Fiyero and even if I can't find a way to turn you back into a man I'll always love you."

Fiyero could not believe the words he had just heard coming from Addelaide's mouth. Was this really happening? Could this really be true? Or was he still hanging up on that post in the corn field being tortured by the Ozian guards?

When Addelaide realized what she had said, she froze in his arms. She hoped that he hadn't heard what she had just said. She slowly tried to escape from Fiyero's grasp but even if he was now just a scarecrow his grasp was still has strong as ever.

"Addelaide?" He finally asked. He wasn't going to let her run away. That was his job and he wasn't going to do it this time. He had run from her once and he was not going to do that again so he certainly wasn't going to let her follow in his footsteps now.

"Yes, Fiyero?"

"Did you just say that you loved me?"

"And what if I did?" She asked, hoping that she still could somehow play it off.

"Please just be honest with me. I'm tired of us both running in opposite directions. How about we run towards each other for once?"

Addelaide took a deep breath and looked up at him. "I said that I love you, Fiyero and will love you even if I can't change you back."

The next thing she knew was that Fiyero's lips were on hers and that was all that mattered. He wrapped his arms around her, cradling her head with one hand as the other grasped her hip as he pulled her close. Addelaide's hands clutched at his jacket as she kissed him back, pouring all of the emotions she had pent up since she had met him.

Addelaide was the first one to pull back, reluctantly, still kissing Fiyero until she could look up at him properly. Fiyero rested his forehead against hers and smiled down at her. "Forgive me, Addelaide for I was truly brainless and couldn't see that such a long time ago I had fallen for you. I love you Addelaide; always have and always will."

"You're forgiven." She grinned up at him before placing another kiss on his lips. Addelaide then pulled away and hurried to her study. "Now I've got lots to do. You should go rest. You've had quite the few days."

Fiyero followed after her. "Oh, I'm not going anywhere. What can I help with?" He then stopped in his tracks as he saw the wall of windows looking out on the scenery of The Kells Addelaide had while she was working. "Whoa..." He breathed out.

Addelaide looked over from her book shelves. "Perks of being queen, I guess."

"Still secretly hating the popularity?" He asked, turning to face her.

She shrugged. She had accepted her fate long ago. "I suppose. I've just accepted it now."

"I still don't know if I could have done it. I hated being just the captain of the Ozian Guard."

"I still think you could have and still can." Addelaide replied over her shoulder.

Fiyero chuckled. He couldn't believe she still had such faith in him. "Yeah, but I couldn't keep an animal refuge right under the Wizard's nose like you have."

Addelaide gasped and turned around. If Fiyero knew then surely the Wizard did too. "How do you know about that?"

He laughed at her response. "Good thing this wasn't an interrogation. Elphaba told me. You were helping her give the animals she liberated a home, a second chance at life."

She shrugged and turned back to her book cases, looking for her spell books. "It's the least I could do." She smiled as she found what she was looking for and pulled them down. She then sat in her chair and began to flip through her books.

"I thought spells couldn't be reversed..." Fiyero trailed off as he noticed her looking at a language he couldn't understand.

"Is that what you've been told? There's always a reverse spell. How else are we supposed to learn? If novices mess up then our teachers do the reverse and we try again." Addelaide explained.

"Wait are you serious?" Fiyero asked, looking thrilled.

"Yeah. I've been able to take off the curse of the animals that stopped them from talking and I'm pretty sure I can reverse whatever spell was cast on you and Boq." She smiled up at him briefly. "Now stop distracting me so I can find the spells I need."

Fiyero chuckled. Take away Addelaide's tiara, glitzy dress and put them in a dorm room and her in pajamas it would be just like how it was when they were studying while they were in university. After a few minutes of silence, Addelaide jumped up from excitement. "Aha!" She picked up the book and placed it in Fiyero's hands so that she could read the words. She then took her wand off her desk and stood ready to cast her spell. "Are you ready?"

He nodded eagerly. He didn't have to be a scarecrow by her side. Yes, he was still shallow when it came to his looks but he was aloud one thing wasn't he? Addelaide took a deep breath and began reading the spell while she waved her wand. When she reached the end of the spell she pointed her wand towards Fiyero and in a shower of glitter, straw fell to the ground and a bright light flashed causing Addelaide to cover her eyes.

After a moment she lowered her hands and saw Fiyero dressed in his Captain's uniform, grinning at her. Addelaide squealed in excitement. "It worked!"

Fiyero laughed. "It worked." He confirmed before his arms were once more filled with a blonde dressed in red. "Thank you, Addelaide. I knew you could do it."

Addelaide pulled back and gave him a sweet kiss in gratitude. She tried to pull away so she could go reverse the spell on Boq but Fiyero caught her wrist, spun her to him and dipped her before kissing her deeply and thoroughly. She pulled back, gasping for breath. "Now that was a kiss."

Fiyero smirked at her as he righted her. He bent down for another kiss but Addelaide placed a finger in between their lips. "There's plenty of time for that later. We've got to go change Boq back."

Fiyero pouted but let her go. He knew she was right because he wasn't going to let a moment pass without kissing her. Addelaide pulled off her heels as she picked up her spell book and wand. She then took off down the hallway with Fiyero on her heels.  

AN: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! I know I enjoyed writing it

AN: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! I know I enjoyed writing it. You guys should also go follow me on twitter @arosetosomeone cause in the new year I'm planning on using it so much more and you'll get little tid bits about the chapter I'm writing cause I do a live tweet of it of sorts. Also as always let me know what you think whether it be in the form of a comment or that little star button every last one means a lot!