There's No Place Like Home

AN: And this is it! The end of the story! I hope you liked it. Let me know what you think by voting or leaving a comment! Much love!

 Let me know what you think by voting or leaving a comment! Much love!

She ran over to the group and shoved her book into Fiyero's arms. "Am I just a book stand to you?" He teased.

Addelaide rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Right now you are." She then focused on Dorothy. "Don't be sad child. You've been wearing your ride home this entire time. The spell on those slippers is very powerful. It allows the wearer to have whatever their heart desires. Think of your home and click your heels three times and home you will be."

Galinda squealed and bounced over to where Addelaide stood. "I knew we'd be able to figure something out. Don't forget to say the magic words either."

"There are magic words too?" Dorothy asked.

Galinda just waved her hands about as if the young girl just asked a stupid question. "But of course there are. There's always magic words in order for spells to work. Now when you click your heels and think of Kansas you have to say there's no place like home." She beamed, proud of herself for coming up with it so she too would seem like she helped the young girl even after she had given up.

Addelaide held back her eye roll as she nodded, answering Dorothy's questioning look. Dorothy then sniffled. "Oh but that means goodbye. I don't know if I can just yet."

Addelaide smiled reassuringly as she snuggled into Fiyero's side. "We will never forget you Dorothy but your aunt and uncle are sure to be missing you terribly. They'll be so excited to see you even if you will be sad to leave Oz."

Dorothy nodded. "Yes, I can't even imagine what Auntie Em must be feeling." She agreed before turning to Brr to wish him goodbye. Next was Boq then Galinda. She saved Fiyero and Addelaide for last since they were the ones who had helped her the most. The two enveloped her into a group hug as the young girl began to cry. "I don't know how to thank you two enough. You helped me so much. I think I'll miss you most of all." She sniffled.

Fiyero and Addelaide gave Dorothy a tight squeeze. "You are most welcome." Addelaide said as she pulled back from the embrace.

"We won't forget you. We're just glad that we are able to get you back home." Fiyero added.

"Then I guess the only thing left to say is goodbye." Dorothy said going back around to give everyone one final hug. She then stood at the center of the platform, holding Toto to her chest and took a deep breath. She began to think of her family's farm in Kansas, of Auntie Em and her uncle. The young girl began clicking her heels, repeating 'There's no place like home' with each click.

On the third click a bright light engulfed Dorothy. The light was blinding and lasted for just a moment before disappearing. Dorothy and Toto were gone when the light disappeared and the Ozians that had gathered started at the platform in amazement. "Now what?" Someone called out from the crowd.