Apologies and Confessions

The girl from Kansas followed the yellow brick road as was instructed by Galinda. She was to meet The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and he was to send her back home to Aunty Em. As she eased on down the road with Toto she heard groans somewhere in the corn fields. Being the curious girl that she was, Dorothy followed the noises until she came across a scarecrow. At first she couldn't believe that a scarecrow could be making noises.

As Fiyero was waking up from the spell that had been casted on him he noticed a girl dressed in blue with a small dog walking around looking for something. "Excuse me, are you lost?"

At his words, Dorothy startled. "You talked!"

"Yes all people in Oz can talk." He replied. Fiyero did not have time for this, he needed to get down and go to Quadling Country. Addelaide could help him get Elphaba from the guard because he was sure that she had been captured even though he hoped that wasn't the case.

"Well, from where I'm from scarecrows can't talk." Dorothy replied.

"Scarecrow? Did you just call me a scarecrow? I'll have you know that I am a member of the Ozian guard," He then paused, figuring that probably wasn't true anymore since he helped Elphaba escape, "Well at least I used to be. So will you please help me down?"

Dorothy simply nodded. Oz was turning out to be weirder than she had first suspected. When Fiyero fell from his post he realized that he landed much softer than he had expected. He then took into account that he felt itchier than ever before. That was when he looked down at his hands. Straw was sticking out from beneath his sleeves and gloves. He spun around to face Dorothy. "Am I made of straw?"

"Uh, yes?" Dorothy answered, not really sure what to think of this situation.

Fiyero paced back and forth, pulling straw from underneath his hat. What happened to him? Why did this happen to him? He needed to go to Addelaide soon but would she even look at him the same way if he went? He was now an ugly scarecrow after all. How would she love him now? Although he was quite certain that he hadn't proved that he was even worthy of love, if that was something she felt towards him. He had a funny way of showing it but he did love her and Alec was the only one who knew his true feelings.

"Stop! You'll take out all of your stuffing if you keep doing that!" Dorothy exclaimed.

Fiyero stopped his pacing and turned to face Dorothy. "You're not from around here are you?"

Dorothy shook her head. "No. Miss Glinda told me to follow the yellow brick road to the Emerald City and that the Wonderful Wizard of Oz could help me get back home."

This was it. He could either take her to the Emerald City and scare Galinda or he could take this girl to a person who would truly try to help her and possibly return back to his normal self. Fiyero took a deep breath. "What if I told you I know someone better than the Wonderful Wizard of Oz?"

Dorothy's eyes widened. "There's someone better? The way Glinda spoke about him made him seem all powerful."

Fiyero laughed, knowing the truth about the wizard. "Oh, there is much you have to learn about Oz. Yes, there is someone who is better. Her name is Addelaide and she's the Good Witch of the South. Come on, I'll take you to her and maybe she can help us both."

Dorothy agreed and soon the two were off.

Word had traveled fast that a girl had fallen from the sky and killed Nessarose. Addelaide had also heard that Fiyero had been taken care of but Elphaba was still on the run. When she had heard that the guilt she had felt when she sent the letter to the wizard, ate her up. She felt absolutely awful and the wizard wouldn't tell her where Fiyero was.