A Little Storm

AN: I know that it has been so long since I have last updated this story and for that I apologize. I just want to say thanks for hanging in there with me! The image above is of Brenton Thwaites who I've casted as Addelaide's best friend and right hand man, Ro. I've also included a clip from The Wizard of Oz movie tornado just for fun and to add a bit to the story. As always I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

Now let's get a few things straight before the story continues

Now let's get a few things straight before the story continues. Quadling Country is the lowest of the low in Oz. The Quadlings had their fair share of discrimination especially when the Wizard came to Oz. He exploited the people and the land of Quadling Country once he found out that sitting under the marshes and deep within the Quadling Kells were large ruby deposits.

Once the Wizard had set up a mining system to extract the rubies, he asked Addelaide's father to move down to Quadling Country to help govern and watch over the ruby extraction. When Addelaide's family arrived to Quadling Country, they could not believe the harm the Wizard had done to the people. They immediately started cleaning the mess up, making it what it looks like now.

There's still mining but not as much as there was in the beginning. They're conserving the resources. Qhovre and Bengda were built along with schools and other important structures. Everything was accessible to everyone and the Quadlings thought that Addelaide's family was a gift from the gods.

Addelaide's father and mother lead peacefully and everyone loved them despite how they still sung the Wizard's praises. When Addelaide took the throne, her mother and father retired to Bengda and she had a few decisions to make. Her first address to the people of Quadling Country showed just what she had decided.

They would continue to send rubies to the Emerald City since she didn't want any trouble but they would run as their own state. They would not sing the Wizard's praises and they certainly would not discriminate. Eventually word of this did make it to the Wizared, hence his conditions when he visited Addelaide. She wasn't causing any trouble and he was still getting his rubies. Besides there were no animals in Quadling Country so he didn't have to worry about her breaking his latest law.

Addelaide was smart and knew that as long as the rubies weren't messed with she could practically do anything she wanted. So she started a refugee organization that helped anyone trying to escape the Wizard find peace in Quadling Country. They could live happily as long as they understood to not mess with the ruby production. Since everyone understood that condition, Quadling Country was as peaceful as it could be and all throughout people sang Addelaide's praises.

With things going so well one would think Addelaide would be happy as a clam, however only she and Ro knew the truth. She was as happy as one could be with a broken heart. After the visit with the Wizard, nothing major happens in Quadling Country besides growth.

Nessarose took place of governor in Munchkinland and things grew worse there. Thos who could no longer take it packed their bags and moved to Quadling Country. A small town, almost subhurb, had to be built to the south west of Qhovre in order to house the extra bodies. Addelaide did her best in talking with the Munchkins that came to seek refuge and got quite a few to return and to help her run an "underground" escape route. She spoke about keeping up hope and having heart to fight against the bad and to try to make it better again despite how things looked in that moment. She promised them that they had an ally with her and her people. Those who rose to the challenge she placed in front of them returned to Munchkinland while those who couldn't were found housing and a job.

Addelaide was in constant contact with Galinda since the cousins created a working relationship. Galinda not only updated Addelaide on the Wizard and the happenings of the Emerald City, she also updated her on her life with Fiyero. News of Galinda and Fiyero's engagement broke Addelaide. She stopped responding to Galinda unless it was purely for business. Then she recieved a letter from Fiyero. He had left the Emerald City and gone with Elphaba to The Vinkus, to Kiamo Ko, the castle he was set to rule from. He wanted her to know that he was okay since she stopped writing personal letters to Galinda.

Addelaide locked herself in her office for hours after that. Her heart had fully broken and the sobs coming from her office worried Ro, especially since it looked like a storm was brewing outside. Ro couldn't get to her and Addelaide was glad. For what she did next, she would regret for a long time. She wrote to the Wizard and informed him that Elphaba and Fiyero were in The Vinkus.

The storm stopped once the letter was sent, causing an eerie calm to fall over Quadling Country. All she recieved was a thank you and nothing more. It was silent and despite the fake smiles and cheeriness, Ro knew that something was eating his friend on the inside. News traveled fast. The storm that brewed blew through Munchkinland and with it brought a house and a girl and the end of Nessarose's reign.

When news of Nessarose's death reached The Vinkus, Elphaba fled Kiamo Ko despite Fiyero's protests and pleas to take him with her. He had thought it was a trap set by the Wizard. Just after Elphaba left, the Ozian Guard stormed Kiamo Ko and took Fiyero hostage. In order to keep everything quiet, the Wizard ordered a few members of the guard to transport Fiyero to the corn fields of Munchkinland. There they beat him until he could no longer take it. He revealed that Elphaba was in Munchkinland and the guards left him hanging on the post, tied up like a scarecrow.

The guards were once more late in their arrival. Dorothy was on her journey to the Emerald City, Elphaba had once more fled and Galinda was just about to leave. When she saw the members of the guard, she stopped her bubble formation. "If you are looking for Miss Elphaba, you are too late. Come let's return home. There is nothing left for us here." She said to them, hoping that she could keep them from harming Fiyero anymore.

They did follow Galinda back to the Emerald City. If they hadn't, they wouldn't have been able to find Fiyero anyway. He was lost to the cornfield, turned into a scarecrow by a broken Elphaba who swore that Oz would now truly know her wickedness.