Fire on the Dance floor

The Dance Floor

"Abby, I'm worried about Jules." Ren could tell she would tell him to stop being paranoid and lifted his hand up to stop her talking. "Look, Abby, don't argue with me. Please, just help me look for her. If we find her and she's fine, you can chew me out."

Abby searched his eyes then said, "Okay, I'll help. Do you want me to ask the others to look as well?"

"Yeah, the more eyes looking the better," he said grateful she hadn't put up more of a fight. "Thanks, Abs." Then he pushes his way through the crowd in Alex's direction.

Ren found Alex dancing with a shapeshifter and grabbed him on the shoulder. When Alex looked at him, Ren signalled with his hand that he wanted Alex to follow him to the wall. "I told you to keep an eye on that slimy friend of yours," Ren hissed. "I should've known better than to think I could let my guard down for one night and trust you."

"Look I know I'm gorgeous but you're not my type and I'm not in the mood for your stupid riddles and games," Alex said in a flippant tone.

"You're taking the piss, ya moody fang-boy. Look I bloody well don't have time for your crap. Damien dragged Julia off somewhere and now she's missing. I honestly didn't think he'd try to pull anything with all of us around."

Alex looked at him with a cold stare, like he couldn't give a damn, "And this concerns me how? I'm not her babysitter that is your job, Pixie. Besides, she looked happy to go off with Damien."

"For gods sakes are you that blind or just stupid? All that blood you drink must mess with your brain." Ren ignored him Alex baring his fangs at him. "Come off it. I saw you two dancing, and what the two of you were doing afterwards. You ran off leaving her behind. Julia didn't want to go with Damien. In fact, from where I was standing that girl may very well be in love with you. But the pair of you are too pigheaded to admit it even to yourselves."

Alex glared at Rin and shouted, "Enough! You annoying, Tink. You need to butt out and drop it."

Ren raised his hands giving up. "Okay, I see you're going to be pigheaded." He didn't have time to argue with fang-boy. "That still doesn't change the fact Julia and that leech have been missing for almost an hour now. I don't care if you want to continue to bury your head in the sand regarding your true feelings." Ren needed to get Alex to help, and he knew exactly how to manipulate him. "Just help me find her. We both know Mormo has always offered his allegiance to the highest bidder. If Thorsen has offered that power hungry wizard something juicy enough; he wouldn't think twice before handing her over to Thorsen with a ribbon tied around her neck."

Hearing this made the colour drain from Alex's face. He looked around the room. "What can I do to help?"

Ren knew he had Alex in the palm of his hand. Stifling his smirk he said, "Abby and the others are looking for her. I want you to make sure none of those slaves, you dark fae love to use to do your dirty work, are around. Make sure you check inside and outside."

Alex gave him a nod then walked off.

++++++++

The hallway was empty, but Abby could hear voices behind the door at the far end. Normally she would've dismissed it but she heard someone say Thorsen's name. Intrigued, she hurried over to the door and cracked it open praying to the gods no one heard it.

"I can't do anything here," A man said with a very sharp voice. "I have to get her back to Klamath Falls."

"Mormo, you can't do that!" Damien shouted.

"Tell me boy, exactly how are you going to stop me?" the man replied condescending. "Thorsen will kill anyone who gets in his way. And I don't intend to get in his way. Now, you had better back away from Julia."