The Changeling 2

Monday 27th October

The bell rang signalling the end of another school day. Julia had a grin from ear to ear plastered on her face as she hopped out of her seat and headed to the door.

Ren grabbed her shoulder halting her in her tracks. A glower marred his beautiful face as he looked her up and down and shook his head. "Jules, what is up with you?"

She turned around smiling at him like she didn't have a care in the world. "What are you talking about? Nothing's up. I couldn't be better."

He cocked his head to the side like he was looking at a science experiment gone wrong. "No, something's going on. You're all jittery not to mention you're acting like a different person."

The smile slid off her face; she was in no mood for all of his negativity. Today was such a good day, and she wasn't about to let him bring her down. "Don't start that again. Can't a girl be happy without everyone thinking the worst?"

Ren raised his eyebrows. "If you were just happy then I wouldn't say a word. But this," he gestured at her waving his hand up and down, "is something completely different. It's just wrong. You're not you and I bet he has something to do with it," Ren said he as if it had a nasty taste.

Julia frowned. "Damien is not the devil you're to making him out to be. He makes me happy, and he's a damn sight more fun to be with than you these days." Turning on her heels she stormed out of the classroom, her good mood turned to ice.

When Julia got to her locker she all but ripped the door off its hinges opening it. Almost tearing her book bag in half yanking it off the hook, she shoved her books in.

Kuro and Ren stood further down the hallway watching her. Kuro said, "You're definitely right, something's going on. If she were human, I'd call it roid-rage."

Ren sighed; he so was not looking forward to the inevitable fight he would have with her. "And I plan on getting to the bottom of it."

"Well tread carefully dude, cause she's likely to break you in half if you piss her off," Kuro replied.

Abby and Ella walked up to them. Kuro put his arm around Ella as he said to Ren, "Have you noticed how strong she's gotten lately? I mean she was strong before but now it's just damn freaky."

"What are you two talking about?" Abby asked looking at both boys.

Ren pointed at Godzilla who was destroying her book bag from the force she was shoving things into it. "Jules and how much she's changed in the past few weeks."

Ella gave both boys a disapproving look. "Come on, guys cut it out. Jules has been really happy since she's started hanging out with Damien."

Abby added, "Yeah," she looked at the boys and arched an eyebrow, "which one of you said something to tick her off."

"That," Ren pointed to Julia, "is a hell of a lot more than ticked off."

Ella's hands were on her hips as she shook her head at Ren. "So it was you then. Why do you always have to push her, Ren?"

He pursed his lips and took a defensive stance. He couldn't believe she was making him out to be the bad guy in all this when it was obviously Damien. "That is not Julia and I'm not just going to sit idly by and watch. She means too much to me."

Ella and Abby both shot him a look as if to say jealous.

Damien walked up to Julia as she finished cramming her books in her bag and smiled. "Hey, Jules."

She lit up; the tension evaporating. She really liked how he made her feel at ease and never judged her. "Where were you? You can't just go skipping classes whenever you feel like it. They'll expel you if you keep it up."

Damien smirked and took her bag. "I get all my homework done, and A's on everything. The teachers don't care if I skip out occasionally. Besides, I was getting you this." He held up a small plastic bottle of the red berry juice he had been giving her everyday over the past two weeks that she loved so much.

Virtually frothing at the mouth, Julia grabbed it and guzzled it down. "Man, that is so good. I just wish it didn't come in such tiny containers."

He winked at her as he took the small bottle back. "Sorry, brosiaberries are hard to get so I'm afraid you'll have to live with small bottles."

As they passed the group Damien smiled at them. "You guys wanna go to Hells Broth my treat?"

Abby, Ella and Kuro lit up and answered yes. Ren was the only one that looked unhappy with the offer.

"Sorry guys I will have to pass." Ren turned and started walking toward Alex then looked over his shoulder and said in a hot tone, "Julia, we have to train. You've been skipping out and I expect you to show up tonight. That's not a request either. I'll meet you at your place at eight," and then walked off to catch up with Alex.

*************************************************************

Thanks for reading and please don't forget to vote it helps get my books noticed.

love ya.

JJ