5 Months Later

It's been five months since I got signed. One of my singles "Save Me" got in the top ten of the US Billboard Hot 100. I became a worldwide phenomenon. I rejected USC and my coach was pissed. I told him about getting signed and he understood. I keep in touch with Shawn. We became pretty close friends. My friends are actually surprised about me becoming famous. Everyone in my school looks at me in shock. It's really weird. All the freshman ask for autographs and I say yes. Everyone talks to me even though some of those people are people I haven't talk to in years. I graduated high school and got a small heart shaped tattoo on my finger. I'm still dating Jaykob and he gave me a promise ring on our anniversary.

My family and Jaykob were going to the airport with me. I was holding Jaykobs hand for the last time in 8 months. My hand is very small compared to his. His thumb would rub against my hand. My head was resting on his shoulder and he would occasionally kiss my forehead.

We got to the airport waiting for Shawn. I was waiting outside the car with Jaykob. We hugged each other so tightly knowing it'll be a while before we hold each other again. "Hey Ashley." I turn around and find Shawn in a sweater and sweatpants. "Hey Shawn. Oh, this is Jaykob." "Hey Jaykob, it's nice to meet you. Ashley talks about you all the time." "Yeah. It's nice to meet you too. Ashley here is obsessed with you." "Jaykob!" They both laughed and I hid in Jaykobs chest. "Aw, babe, we're just messing with you." "We should get going Ashley." "Yeah, okay. Give me a minute. Jaykob I'm going to miss you so much. I love you." "I love you too. I'm going to miss you too." I gave him a passionate kiss and a tight hug. I hugged my parents goodbye, grabbed my stuff and went with Shawn.

"So where is our first stop?" "Sydney, Australia." "Sweet. I've never been there. Then again I've never been out of the country." "It'll be fun." A bunch of fans stopped us to take pictures. Most were Shawn's but some were mine. One girl came up time and asked for a picture. "Hey, are you dating Shawn?" She asked. "Oh, no, I have a boyfriend." "Aw, that's too bad. I think you two would be great together." "I never really thought about it that much." "Ashley, we gotta go!" "Coming!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the girl. "Awwwwww!" She yelled. I rolled my eyes.

"What was with that fan?" Shawn asked. "She thought we were dating. I said no and she said that she thought we would be great together." He chuckled. "This happens a lot. I'm sure your familiar with the Camila rumors." "Oh yeah, I remembered that. I was one of the few people in the Mendes Army who actually believed you two were really friends. We all had a discussion about it." "You're part of the Mendes Army?" "Hell yeah. Mendes Army for life!" "My god you're so weird." "Meh, so are you." "You're not wrong."

We met up with Andrew, Geoff, Brian and his band. Shawn introduced me to them and they were all so kind. "Yeah, we've heard great things about you from Shawn." Brian said. "What did he say?" "He said you were an amazing singer, great personality, really pretty, extremely intelligent." "Pretty huh?" I glanced at Shawn and he looked down blushing. "I'm not that pretty." Putting the emphasis on that. "You actually are Ashley." Shawn said. "Stop being a flirt Mendes." He chuckled.

We got on his private jet and were on our way. "We'll have to stop in Hawaii for a fuel up Ashley. Is that okay?" "Oh yeah. I've never been to Hawaii before." "We'll stay there for a few hours so we'll have a little time to see Honolulu." "That sounds good." I was looking down at my ring. It had an infinity mark on it. "When did you get that ring?" "Jaykob gave it to me on our anniversary. It has an infinity mark on it. To show that he'll always love me, no matter what." "That's really sweet. What did you get him?" "I gave him a little necklace with a heart with his and mine initials to show I'm always by him even if I'm halfway around the world like I am now." "Wow, that is adorable. Do the guys on your team judge him?" "Oh god no. They know how much we love each other. They think it's cute." "Well that's good."

We landed in Honolulu, Hawaii and did a little exploring in downtown. "Did Jaykob decide what college he wanted to go to?" "Yeah, he decided on UT. He got a swimming and academic scholarship. His major is sports medicine." "That's nice. Is he really smart?" "Book smart, not common sense smart. I'm the opposite." I chuckled. We took some photos and we posted them on our Instagram feeds. We got so many comments about us being the perfect couple. We just laughed.

We got back on the plane to get to Sydney, Australia. We landed and we got into our hotel. Shawn and I had to share a room. We got in and we noticed there was only one bed. "Well.... I guess we could share." I suggested. "You get one side I get the other." "Yeah okay." We put some of our stuff away. Shawn put some music on and started doing the salsa dance. "Oh god no. Not this again!" "Dance with me Ashley!" "I can't dance." "Here I'll teach you." He grabbed my hands and started to teach me. After a few minutes I figured it out.

I stopped and he continued and I filmed it with the caption. "I have to share a room and bus with this idiot. Help!" I posted it on my story. A lot of my friends snapped me saying we'd be cute together. I told them directly I'm dating Jaykob and happy. Jaykob was just laughing about my story. We eventually fell asleep and I was nervous about tomorrow.