Dinner

I get up out of my bed and grab my gold and black long sleeve mini dress. I redid my makeup and curled my hair. I put on black knee high heeled boots. "Babe, how do I look?" "Gorgeous. Holy shit." My phone buzzed.

Shawn- I'm in the lobby
Ashley- On my way

"I gotta go Jaykob." "Have fun. But not too much fun." I grab my black clutch, put my room key in it, and head for the elevator.

When I reached the first floor I saw Shawn wearing a black suit that looked good on him. "Hey Shawn." "Hey Ashley. Woah, you look really nice." "You don't look to bad yourself Mendes." He lead me out the door with his hand on my lower back. I felt a little uncomfortable by it but I didn't want to be rude. He opened the passenger door of a black Jeep Wrangler. "Thank you." "Of course." He's such a gentleman oh my god. He got in the drivers seat and we were off.

"So, where are we going Shawn?" "It's a restaurant I go to when I'm in New York. I think you'll like it." "What's it called?" "You'll see."

We arrive at this nice Italian restaurant and he opens my door. "Thank you Shawn. You're so sweet." "Thank you. I actually get that a lot." "I can see why." We laughed. We go up to the waiter. "Hi, how may I help you two?" "I have a reservation." "Name please." "Shawn Mendes." "Ah yes, follow me."

We get this window seat that gives a great view of the city. "Woah, the view is so beautiful." "Yeah it is." The waiter comes up to us. "Complementary champagne?" "Sure," Shawn answers. He pours us two glasses and leaves the bottle with us. "Shawn, I'm 17, and you're 20, we can't drink." "One drink won't kill us. It's fine. And in Canada, the drinking age is 18." He laughed. "Okay, if you insist." We drink it and it tastes so good. "Woah, this is amazing!" "Yeah, I've had it before. It's definitely my favorite."

We get the menus and order a salad. "What do you recommend? I've never been here before." "I recommend the spaghetti and meatballs. It's my favorite here." "Alright. I guess I'll get that." "No, you can't get what I'm getting." He said laughing. "Well I just did." I said barely containing my laughter. "Sassy, I like it." I blushed at the comment.

We order our meals. "Ashley, I really want to get to know you." "I thought you wanted to talk about the tour?" "Well, we're going to be on a tour for quite sometime and I want to know who it is that is joining me." "There's not that much to know about me." "I'm sure there is."

"Okay. Well, I'm 17, I'm a senior in high school. I'm a varsity swimmer and I did get a scholarship for USC and my major is music but now I have to turn them down." "I'm sorry about that." "No don't be, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm happy I'm doing this." "Okay good. I thought I was ruining your dreams or something." "Shawn, this is my dream. I'm glad I'm finally living it. Though my coach won't be happy that I'm quitting swimming." I laughed. "Are you good at swimming?" "I mean I've been to state since sophomore year so yeah pretty good I guess." "Are you the best girl on the team?" "Oh god no. There's a girl in my grade who's so much better than I am. She has a free ride to UT so, yeah."

"What else?" "Umm, I don't know." "Here let's ask each other something and we have to answer. I'll go first. When's your birthday?" "August 21. What made you decide to do music?" "Honestly I was just fooling around on vine. I didn't like set to be famous I just fooled around a little. I guess fooling around works. Why did you start posting covers on YouTube?" "I got bored and I felt like it and people liked them so I just kept on doing it. You have a sister right?" "Yes. Her name is Aaliyah and she's 15. Do you have a sibling?" "Yes, her name is Rachel and she's 11. What is your favorite thing to do when you're home?" "Sleeping and Harry Potter marathons. What's yours?" "Sleeping, eating and laying in bed all day. Favorite song?" "Anything John Mayer. What's yours?" "Any of your songs." It went silent as I thought of a question.

"Are you dating anyone?" "No. You said you were right?" "Yes." "What's his name?" "His name is Jaykob Williams." "What's he like?" "He's tall like you but you're a little taller. He has blonde hair and blue eyes, muscular but not as much as you are. He's so romantic and incredibly good looking." "Can I see a picture?" I showed him a picture of us. "Wow, he is good looking. How'd you guys meet?" "We've known each other all throughout high school. We're both swimmers and I've had a crush on him since freshman year. Our relationship, dating or not, has had its high and extreme lows but we've managed to get past it. We started dating during spring break of our sophomore year." "So your 2 year anniversary is coming up soon?" "Yeah it is."

"Oh my god, it's getting late." "Yeah, we should get back." We pay for the check and head to the car. He opened the door for me again and we were off. "I had a lot of fun tonight Shawn." "Yeah me too. I looking forward to do this tour with you." "Yeah me too."

We got back to my hotel and he walked me into the lobby. I got to the elevator. "Goodnight Shawn." "Goodnight Ashley."

I got back to my hotel room and Jaykob was still up. "I'm back." "How was it?" "It was fun. Shawn's so sweet." "That's good to here. Now let's get you out of this dress." He pulled me into the bed and he kept me up all night long.