Indifference (1)

Victoria:

I sat in the newly stolen RV, alone, as my eyes wandered around the walls. "Victoria." I heard my name called. My head swiveled to the right as my father entered the RV with his baseball bat gripped tightly in his right hand and closed the door behind him with the other.

"I want you to stay in here when I talk to them." He ordered taking a seat in front of me. His beard was long and graying, begging to be shaved. His brown eyes have grown colder and darker than they once were.

"Dad, I'm not a baby, stop treating me like one. I can handle myself. I've seen you do this before on multiple other occasions." I grumbled, not breaking eye contact with him.

"Vic..." My father began.

"No," I spoke sternly standing up from the table. I walked to the door and reached to grab it. Before I had the chance, my father was right behind me, pulling my other arm back. I turned to face him, glaring at him for stopping me.

"Victoria, I said no." He growled gripping my arm tighter.

"Well, why not?" I shouted pulling my arm back from his grasp and crossing my arms across.

He sighed and crossed his arms. "I just don't want you around this time, is that so much to ask?" He pleaded.

"That's not your decision to make," I argued back.

I could see anger light up in his eyes from my words. It was like a light switch flickered on.

"Victoria." He shouted.

"Let's meet the man of the hour." A voice from outside the RV spoke as two knocks on the RV door followed.

I blocked the door still crossing my arms.

"I need to go, Victoria." My father spoke.

I raised my eyebrows and softly laughed. My dad bit his lip and scratched his head.

"Fine, okay, alright. Just stay out of the way, please." He sighed accepting defeat and throwing his hands in the air. I stepped aside, smiling, and my father walked out of the RV, and I followed close behind. A row of men and women were down on their knees, staring as my dad and I exited the RV.

"Pissing our pants yet?" My father laughed stepping towards the group. "Boy, do I have a feeling we are getting close." He grinned.

My eyes scanned the group. As I reached the middle, my eyes locked onto a pair of blue eyes. My eyes widened in disbelief. My father paced back and forth in front of us, eyeing every one of them up and down.

"It's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon." He laughed. I swallowed my fear and stepped forward.

"Rick?" I cooed. The man's eyes widened too. My father's head swiveled towards me. As he was about to shout my name to scold me, the man beat him to it.

"Victoria?" The man spoke.

My father was beyond furious. His knuckles turned white from gripping his bat too tightly. His eyes were still staring at me. I felt like my skin was melting from the glare I was receiving. Biting my lip, I turned to face my father. At this point, the men surrounding us were whispering among each other horrified and fearful as to what was going to happen next.

"What the fuck, Victoria." My father growled through his teeth.

I stood silently, afraid to speak again.