17. Betrayal

August 8, 1992

Aaliyahs' P.O.V

It's been four weeks since the doctors allowed DeVante to come home. Thankfully he has recovered from all of his injuries, but he walks with a limp now. When Dino and G.I found out that DeVante was the one who was shot they helped in the best way they could. They say that Shazam and the girl were the only ones with guns. Shazam on the other hand I haven't heard from, I cut the relationship off with him.

End P.O.V

"Been watching you baby. For a long time. You look so good. Got my eyes on you." K-ci said as he points his finger at me.

"I've been watching you. For so very long. Trying to get my nerve built up to be so strong. I really want to meet you. But i'm kind of scared. Cause you're the kind of lady. With so much class. Get my thoughts together. For the very next day. But when i see you lady. I forget what to say." K-Ci sings into the mic as Luke signals for him to stop.

"That's good fellas' lets take a lunch break, make sure you're back before 6." He says looking down at his watch.

"Alright Luke." They all said following me out of the studio.

"Alright where are we headed to?" I say slipping into the drivers seat.

"Somewhere to get something to eat." Dalvin said in a duh tone as Jojo laughed.

"I know that smart ass, I'm talking about what specific resteraunt." I answered as I pushed my sun glasses up on my face.

"Well, you know I was kind of hoping that we could go back home and I'll eat lunch there, if you know what I mean." K-Ci licking his finger.

"YO K SHUT UP." They all yell in disgust as DeVante punches him in the arm.

"Okay well we can go home I'm pretty sure Mani is cooking something." I say as I pull out of the parking lot.

Home

"MANI!" I yell as I sit my keys on the coffee table.

"Yeah." She says as she steps out the kitchen whipping her hands on the cloth.

"Are you coo-"

"Yo something smells good." Jojo says as he rushes past me going into the kitchen, with the others not to far behind.

"Nevermind." I say as I make my way into the kitchen.

"Porks chops, macaroni, turnips and cornbread. It ain't nothing wrong with a little southern cookin'." Dalvin says pushing everyone out of the way to get the biggest piece of pork chop.

"You got that right, Aye Mani where is Marie?" I ask after fixing my plate.

"She said she was going somewhere with G.I." She says shrugging while I nod my head.

"This food is slammin', I didn't know you could cook." DeVante said to Mani.

"Well there's a lot of things you don't know about." She answered back with a smirk

"What the hell?" I whispered to Dalvin who just shrugged his shoulders.

Once we all finished our food we cleaned the dishes and we were off to the studio once again.

Studio

"I shouldn't have ate all of that food, man I'm sleepy." Jojo said as we walked down the hallway.

"I could go for some desert." K-Ci says as he snakes his arm around my waist.

"If you want to keep your arm young man, you better move it." I warned as we walked to the studio room Luke was in.

"You hear that?" DeVante asked.

"Hear what?" I questioned confused.

He didn't answer me, he just opened the door to the studio and what I saw I couldn't believe.

"Oh um hey Liyah." Marie says as she gets off of his lap.

"Wassup Liyah, long time no see." Shazam said as he tried to pull me into a hug.

"Bro don't touch my sister." DeVante said stepping between us.

"It's alright DeVante go get in the booth." I say as he walks away.

"Oh you guys are here." Luke says clapping his hands.

"Okay Aaliyah and Marie can you guys wait in the hallway for a second?" Luke asks.

"Uh yeah I guess." I say walking out with Marie right behind.

In the Hallway

"What you just saw in there is not what it looks like." Marie exclaimed.

"Then what was it Marie I seen you in there kissing the same guy that hit your best friend and shot her brother." I say

"If you ask me you both deserved it." She mumbled.

"What did you say?" I ask.

"Look he's planning on getting back at you guys so I am pretending to like him so that I can get information and let you guys know what's he's planning on doing." She exclaimed.

"Marie I thank you for the help, but I think me and DeVante can handle this on our own." I say as the studio door opens.

"Aye Liyah you ready?" DeVante asked.

"Yeah, what did you guys talk about I asked as we made our way down the hallway.

"He just said he wanted his music groups to be cordial and he made us sign a contract saying that we will get along." Dalvin explains as we get in the car.

"Oh okay well I was talking to Marie and she said Shazam was planning something." I say.

"Planning what?" They all asked curiously.

"Revenge, but I doubt it. She's just saying that because I caught her with him."

"I don't know about that Li, she might be telling the true."

"Yeah, there's a 50/50 chance to that." I say lying back as Dalvin drove us home.

Shazam's P.OV

"MARIE COME IN HERE NOW!" I yell as she walks in the studio.

"Yes." She anwers a little above a whisper.

"What the hell did you tell her?" I ask her as I grab her by her neck.

"I-I didn't tell her n-nothing, I-I swear." She says.

"Better not tell her, Dino, G.I or them other niggas nothing." I say throwing her to the floor.

"Get your shit and come on before I leave your ass here." I say walking out of the studio.

End of P.O.V

Marie's P.O.V

I have to tell Aaliyah, DeVante, G.I and Dino what's going on before something happens all of them. This all wouldn't have happened if I would've kept my mouth closed. I hate to do this, but I have to get Imani involved in this. She the only one that is safe so I know she can help me out on this.

End of P.O.V

Sorry I haven't updated in a minute, but I'm back and I'm better.*Bryson Tiller Voice*

What has Marie gotten herself, Aaliyah, DeVante, K-Ci, Dalvin, and Jojo in?