8. Keeping Secrets

Remember to leave feedback on the following chapter and vote please it's truly appreciated.
-----------------------------------------------

June 30,1992

I made my way to the bedroom I was sleeping in the night before and tried to find a over sized turtle neck to put on so Shazam wouldn't notice the marks. After I found one I made my way downstairs.

" Y'all don't mind if I borrow Mani and Marie, do you?" I asked.

"No, go ahead and take em'" G.I said sitting down on the couch.

Mani and Marie both stuck a middle finger towards him as he stuck out his tongue.

Once we got upstairs I decided to let them know what happened.

"Liyah are you bullshitting us?" Marie asked after I finished telling them what went down.

"No, but I wish I was." I said feeling the guilt take over.

"Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile." Mani retorted

"I know that, but Shazam might think the only reason I agreed to go out with him was so that I could get closer to Dino." I said getting annoyed.

"Well, are you going to tell him or keep it between the four of us? Marie questioned.

"Right now lets keep it between us four and I'll tell Shazam whenever I feel like it's the right timing." I said

"If we leave it up to you to find the right timing you'll never tell him." Mani said stating facts.

"Yea, yea whatever now lets go downstairs and act normal." I said.

"Ok." They said and led the way out of the room.

Downstairs

Shazam's struggling through the front door with groceries.

"Need help?" I asked with a half smile.

"Nah, just meet me in the kitchen." He said with a frustrated tone.

Fuck fuck fuck he knows. Imma kill Dino, just watch. I thought to myself.

"What's wrong?" I queried

"Nothing, but I should be asking you the same thing." He said putting the groceries away.

"And why is that?"

"You wearin' a turtle neck and its hot in here." He said raising an eyebrow.

Think of a lie Liyah. I thought to myself.

"Well, everytime I get out of the shower it gets really cold, so I wear over sized turtle necks to keep me warm." I responded with the quickest thought that came to mind.

"Oh, I thought you had something to hide." He said pulling me into a hug.

After pulling away from the hug we made our way into the living room to tell Shai goodbye as they made their way out the front door.

"Wassup bro, where you been?" Shazam said from behind me.
I turned around to be face to face with Dino.

"Nothing much man and I been in my room." He answered staring me up and down.

"Oh ok, well do you and Liyah mind cleaning up down here? While I hop in the shower." Shazam asked.

"No problem." Dino answered as Shazam disappeared upstairs.

"I got the kitchen, you get the living room." I said making my way to the kitchen.

"Ok, but you can't stay mad at me forever, it's not my fault that you liked it and let it continue until I mentioned Shazam." Dino said.

"It was a one time thing, what happens in the past, stays in the past." I said putting the dishes away.

"Suit yourself, but if he finds out by his self just remember what happens in the past stays in the past." He said leaving the kitchen.

15 minutes later I was finished with the kitchen and made my way upstairs to tell Shazam I'd be riding home with Mani and Marie.

"Shaz-" I stopped when i heard him talking on the phone with a female.

Phone Conversation

Shazam: I told you I would pick my babygirl up before I leave tomorrow and we can spend some time together.

Her: I thought you said when I had OUR child you wouldn't miss a single day of her life.

Shazam: I know, but the way this fame thing is set up I just can't up and disappear on everybody.

Her: Just come pick her up around three tomorrow.

Shazam:Okay and I know you're not tryna be mad I told you i'll tell the world about her one day. Today's just not that day.

Her: You said that three years ago Solomon.

End of phone call

I ran back downstairs.

"Darryl let Solomon know I'm ridin' home with Mani and Marie." I said walking to the front door.

"Ok, but why you using government names?" He asked.

"Just tryin' somethin' new." I said giving him a hug and getting in the car with Mani and Marie.

When we got home I climbed in bed and contemplated.

Is this the only secret he's kept from me?.?

What do you guys think about Aaliyah and Shazams' relationship?

Shazam on the other half has a daughter that no one knows about.😱😱