6. At Your Best

Remember to leave feedback on the following chapter and vote. This video doesn't belong to me.
-------------------------------------------------

June 22,1992

After everyone finished their breakfast, they made their way to the living room while I stayed behind and washed the dishes. Was I alone? Nope! Dino stayed behind to help too.

" Are you ok?" I asked Dino breaking the silence.

"I'm wonderful." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"C'mon now I can feel the tension between you and your brother when y'all are in the same room."
I responded wiping my hands and sitting on the counter.

"It's nothing Liyah I promise." He said smiling, but I could see through it that he wasn't telling me the truth.

"Well, ok just Let Me Know if you need to talk." I said finishing the last dish.

" Will do." He said as I made my way out of the kitchen.

While I was making my way to the living room I bumped into G.I.

"Hey G, have you seen Shazam?" I asked curious.

"He's up in his room. I don't know what's wrong with him, maybe you should go talk to him." G.I said

"Ok, I'll catch you later in a game of b-ball." I said to G.I

"Hope you're ready for the biggest ass whoopin of yo life." He said causing me to laugh.

After making my way upstairs I heard Shazam talking on the phone, so I listened (I know I'm nosey). After the phone call was over I interrupted him.

"Wassup with you and Dino? I asked him, sitting on his bed chinese style.

"Nothin', why?" He responded.

"Because eveytime y'all are in the same room y'all don't talk, better yet look at each other." I said.

"I guess I'm just not appreciated I try my best to make people like me and I'm done with it." He said standing up.

"But at your best you are loved you're a positive motivating force within Dino's life." I said pulling him back onto the bed.

"Thanks Liyah." Shazam said hugging me.

"Thanks for what..." I said hugging him back.

"For...for everything" he responded.

"No problem" I said making my way to his door opening it.

"Wait Liyah, I gotta question I've been wanting to ask you." He said closing the door again and sitting me back on his bed.

"What is it?" I asked concerned

"It's nothing bad I was just wondering' if you'd..." He took a deep breath.

"If I'd what?" I said.

"If you'd like to be my girl." He responded smiling nervously.

By now I was beyond shocked is Solomon Conner asking me to be his girlfriend.

"YES!" I said as he pulled me into a kiss.

"Now let's go tell my boys and you can invite your girls over for a little throwback cookout." He said breaking the kiss.

"Alright." I said.

-------------------------------------------------------

We were outside grilling waiting for Mani and Marie to get here so we could tell the news to everyone. After what seemed like a decade they finally got here.

"Bitchhh we missed yo ass." Mani said walking over to give me a hug.

"I haven't been gone that long." I said laughing.

"But we missed your bossy ass." Marie said giving me a hug.

"Oh My Goddamn is that Shai over there?" Mani asked.

"Yep that's them and remember that Garfield is mine." I said jokingly.

"Yea whatever." She said running in their direction.

"So what's this good news you was telling us about on the phone? " Marie asked.

"You'll have to wait and see." I said.

"All I know is that you better not be pregnant." She said. Marie has always treated me like a little sister more than a best friend, she's overprotective when it comes down to me.

"Hell no." I said with a slight frown.

"Just checkin'" She said before walking away.

"Are you ready to tell everyone?" Shazam asked from behind me.

"Lets do this" I said smiling ear to ear.

"Ight can we have everyone's attention please?" Shazam said loud enough so everyone could hear him.

"Liyah and I have some good news to share, you wanna take over from here?" He asked me.

"Yea, well um me and Shazam are officially a couple." I said as everyone cheered.

"That's what I'm talking bout my nigga" I heard G.I yell from the house.

I glanced back and saw Dino he looked like he was dissapointed and hurt all at once. "Shouldn't he be happy for his brother?" I thought to my self. I gotta find out what's on his mind, but I think I have a clue to what it is.