1. The Concert

This story is told from Aaliyahs' P.O.V

June 18,1992

"C'mon Aaliyah," my roommate Marie yelled from the kitchen of our three bedroom apartment we shared together.

"I'm coming just give me another 15 minutes." I retorted.

"15 minutes my ass it's 1992 by the time your done it'll be 2000." She said in a sarcastic tone.

There was a knock on the door and we knew it could be no other than our other best friend Imani.

"Are y'all ready yet?" Imani asked walking in with no hesitation.

"Nooo, because somebody think they gotta look good for Shazam." Marie said mocking what I said earlier.

"Alright I'm ready, can I get a drum roll please?" I yelled from upstairs, leave it up to those two, they did it and with a little bit more spice . I walked down the stairs in my midnight blue skin tight dress with my white pumps and clutch.

"Damn girl, let daddy get some of that." Imani said jokingly causing all of us to laugh.

"Nah, but Shazam can have a taste." I said side-eyeing them and sticking my tounge out.

"Alrighty then let's roll out." Marie said and we all left our apartment.

We arrived at the Cullen Performance Hall.

"This is what we've been waitin for girls." Imani said getting her wristband and making her way to the front with Marie and I trailing not to far behind.

The lights dimmed and the crowd cheered and out came Dino singing...
Stop, let's take this real slow
Let me break it down so that you can know
I'll do things
You never imagined me to do
I'll lick you all over
As the sweat
Pours down on you...

Me and my girls screamed for dear life, then out stepped Shazam on the stage.

"She loves you Shazam!" Marie screamed pointing directly at me. I gave her the bitch did you really just say that look, until I heard him say,

"I love her too." After hearing that it felt like my cheeks were on fire.

Now that the song 'Lick U Up' is over, they started performing 'Knockin Da Boots.'

"Do I have three special ladies that would like to come up here?" GI asked making the crowd go crazy. I started jumping up and down to be noticed.

"Y'all two." Shazam said pointing at two girls behind me.

"And you." Dino said pointing directly at me smiling.

I was a little salty that Shazam didn't pick me, but 'oh well' I still got on the stage.

After the concert was over me and my girls made our way backstage since we had passes to chill with H- Town for the rest of the night.