12. Graduation Day

Remember to leave feedback on the following chapter comment and vote please it's truly appreciated.
-----------------------------------------------

July 6,1992

"Everyone get up, there's breakfast on the table." My mother said as I made my way downstairs.

"Liyah, honey, is Will awake?" She questioned.

"No ma'am." I answered as I stuffed my mouth with bacon.

"Philip can you go get Will and how many times have I told you not to call me ma'am, it makes me feel old and stop eating all the bacon." She said as she took the plate of bacon away from me.

"What am I going to eat then, I hope you didn't forget that I don't eat pancakes, waffles, or eggs." I said shifting in my chair.

"I know that, that's why I made you, your fruit bowl." She answered handing me my breakfast.

"Ayye goodmorning Aunt Viv and cousin A." Will said walking into the kitchen giving both me and my mother a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodmorning Will," we both said in unison.

"So where's 'Vante?" He questioned stuffing his mouth with bacon.

"He went to graduation practice, Will stop eating all the bacon your uncle and I have to eat too." She said as she snatched the plate out of his hand.

"Well you might not have any left, if you have to share with Uncle Phil." Will said nudging me in the stomach causing me to rupture into laughter, but shortly stop because my dad was glaring at me.

After everyone finished their breakfast, we all made our way upstairs to do hygiene and get dressed for DeVantes' BIG day.

"Alright is everyone ready." My dad said as he fix the cuff on his suit.

"I'm ready dad." I say running down the stairs with 'Vantes graduation gift.

After everyone finished getting dressed we discussed transportation.

"Okay, so Will is riding with me and you guys are riding together?" I questioned as my mom and dad nodded their head in approval.

"Eh-eh that's wrong you will be riding with me, I'm not riding with you." Will answered waving his finger in my face.

"No Will, Liyah will be driving because her license aren't SUSPENDED." My dad answered.

"Nice try." I said chuckling, walking towards the front door.

"Alright you guys drive safe and make sure you put your seatbelts ON." My mother said pointing to the both of us.

"Don't worry Aunt Viv we're adults we know the safety rules." Will said waving her off getting in the car.

As I pulled out of the driveway Will asks me, "What did you get 'Vante for his graduation present?"

"It looks kinda' small." He added.

"You'll have to wait to see Will." I said as he turned the radio up.

"This my shit right here." He said singing along.

"Gimme' some good love. Somebody's rockin' knockin' the bo-" He sang aloud, but was cut short.

"C'mon Aaliyah, do you know how many body counts I got to that song?"

"No and I don't wanna' know." I said looking at him in disgust.

"Yeah, whateva' keep your eyes on the road and turn the music back on." He answered trying to turn it back up, but I slapped his hand.