Chapter Twenty Seven

hey guys sorry I haven't been writing much, I just haven't had that much going on for me as of late and I've been in this kind of....funk for the past few weeks. Its totally thrown me off when it comes to writing. It's like....the idea is there but I can't find the words. But I managed to put this chapter together for all of you guys because I know you've been waiting for it! Hopefully I'll be better soon but until then, please enjoy this chapter guys and I love you all <3

Chapter Twenty Seven

I looked around the room and felt the first worm of fear wiggle in my mind. The visitor's room looked like a highschool cafeteria almost with small tables that only had two chairs to each of them. The room was nearly empty except for Clyde the guard and a woman with three children, talking to a man, I assumed her husband.

I looked forward at the only other person in the room .The back of his blonde head was the only thing I could stare at as I walked towards him unconsciously.

Jesus Mia you're fucking crazy.

I took a deep breath and stopped in front of him, waiting for him to look up. When he did I found myself staring into those red brown eyes of his.

"Mia princess I wasn't expecting you."

I stared at Tanner, feeling no fear. Only determination.

"Please sit princess. Don't want you straining yourself with that child now do we?"

I stared at him for a moment before sitting in the chair across from him. Tanner rested his handcuffed hands on the table and stared at me. I stared back at him and had the absurd thought about how orange was definitely not his color. Wow Mia.

"So what do I owe this lovely visit from you?"

"I need to know how to get the venom out of Ethan's blood." I said, straight to the point.

Tanner smiled, leaning back in his chair.

"And why should I tell you that?"

"Because if you don't he'll be a demon for the rest of his life and my children will be fatherless."

Tanner was quiet for a moment.

"And that concerns me how?"

I rested my hands on the table as well and we stared at each other in silence. I thought about my next words carefully.

"You know every day you give me another reason why I should hate you." I said.

His eyebrow shot up.

"Should?"

I nodded, wringing my hands together.

"I've never truly hated you Tanner you must know this. You're my other mate. But I've loved Ethan since I was a child. We were meant for each other from the beginning. You were never truly meant for me Tanner. Rowena."

His face crumpled at the mention of my great grandmother and I could see his icy inside start to melt. I struck a chord in that stone heart of his.

"She broke your heart and for that I'm sorry. But there's no way I can go back and change something that happened a hundred years ago Tanner. I wish....I wish I could because no one deserves the loneliness and torment you've gone through for the past one hundred years. You deserve love Tanner."

With all the courage I could muster I reached forward and grabbed one of Tanner's icy cold hands in my warm ones. He didn't move as I kept talking.

"I now completely understand why you've done what you have to my family all these years. Heartbreak, it's the worst pain that lasts a lifetime and a fuel to the hate fire which has frozen your heart. I understand why you've always chased after the women in my family with the white wolf gene. Tanner you're so stuck on the past that you know of nothing else. You have to move on, forgive Tanner. Forgive Rowena. Forgive yourself. And move on. Because only then will you truly get what you deserve and that's love. And I believe that there is someone out there just for you Tanner. For you only."