Ethan put on his VR-helmet. Time for him to go to the world he truly belonged – a world without screaming parents, without grades and without being a disappointment.

Tyler also put on his VR-helmet. He liked the virtual world so much better. He could have fun there.

Ethan felt the weird sensation of his body being scanned. He smiled when the technical voice welcomed him. "Welcome back, Ethan. Choose your avatar." Ethan chose his usual one: a small boy, around his real high, with long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail and blue eyes. He wore a long green cape and a green tank top with black wide pants. He had a belt with a wand clinging to it. He had bandage around his arms and bracelets around his wrists. Big brown boots with fur hugged his feet and a big sword hid behind his cape. "You will now enter the game."

Tyler choose his avatar: a tall man with black hair falling to the right, the left side shaved. He had green eyes and a scar over his cheek. He wore a black cape, a black vest and black pants. He had a few throwing knifes at his leather belt and two katanas on his back. "You will now enter the game."

Ethan loved killing bosses. He was pretty good at it, and it made him feel good. Not because he loved killing them, but he was a healer and could be useful to his team. The most important thing in his life was being useful. He practised walking around to be sure he was used to it, and started to walk to the entrance of the boss' palace. A tall man with black hair to one side was waiting with his back against the wall. "Hey you looking for a party?" Ethan asked. The man nodded, smiling. "Yeah." He send Ethan an invite. [Tyler invites you to his party. Accept? Do not accept?] Ethan clicked accept. "Hi Tyler," he said. "Hey Ethan."

They defeated the Cerberus Boss easily. They both had a different style: Tyler preferred strength and strategy, first carefully watching the enemies movements and blocking all the attacks. He didn't like dodging but blocked everything. He also used two katanas at the same time but when he used his fists he would always block with one and attack with the other. Ethan was more of a speed kind of guy. He liked to dodge and attack weak but quickly. He also barely fought with the sword – almost only with his feet. He attacked immediately, not caring about the enemies stats.

"You're a good fighter." Ethan felt a blush crawl up to his cheeks. "Thanks, you too." He saw a red spot on Tyler's clothes. "You're hurt!" "Yeah, no problem, I'll heal in no time." Ethan shook his head. "No, take off your shirt. I'll heal." He slowly took off his shirt, and he felt a shiver where Ethan's hands were. "Hey, it's fine, it's just a game." Ethan looked up and smiled. "It is, but I've always find this more home than my home." Tyler sighed. He understood how he felt. "Me too."

Satisfied Ethan pulled back. "All done." "Thanks buddy," the other boy thanked. "Oh, I'm sorry, I have to go," Ethan apologized. "Oh." Tyler looked a bit sad. "Will I see you tomorrow? At the same spot?" "Sure!" he beamed, happy to have made another friend. "Let me add you to my friends list!" Tyler accepted the offer and waved when the other boy vanished into thin air.

-the next day at school-

"Look! Ethan, it's Tyler!" one of the girls whispered and clinging to his arm. "I know, Rianna, I can see him." He smiled sweetly. He just wished she wasn't so clingy. He thought back about the Tyler of yesterday. Couldn't this Tyler be as nice as him? That Tyler appreciated him...

Their sports teacher whistled. "Fighting, freestyle. Boys against boys, girls against girl. Girls stand on the left, boys on the right. Get some gloves and line up, I'll make the teams." Everyone hurried to get the boxing gloves. "Ok, Mark with Jack, Dan with Phil, Robert with Owen, Ethan with Tyler..." The two boys send each other an angry glare. "Sir." Ethan raised his hand. "Tyler is a lot taller than me. This would be an unfair fight." The teacher turned to him. "Nestor, I've seen you fight. You're a lot better than you think. You just might match Scheid. You're really good." Tyler didn't miss how Ethan's eyes started to sparkle and he started to blush at the compliment.