"I can cook only simple dishes,  not these .. so you better learn to cook or get ready to eat whatever I can make." He replied, trying to suppress laughter seeing my angry face.

"If not we can always order from outside  .." I replied, pursing my lips.

"Yes, we can do that .. but only till we have kids. I want our kids to eat healthy home food."

"I agree .. as long as you are not in a hurry for kids?"

"No .. not atleast for a year."

"Well that should be enough time for one of us to learn cooking healthy food." I replied, smiling at him.

"Hmm .. definitely .." he replied looking into my eyes .. trying to read my mind to see if I was sending him any secret message.

"Control Samy ... control .. stay strong .. don't loose the war before it starts." My inner voice cautioned me as I tried to maintain my cool under his piercing eyes.

The dinner discussion went on the same lines, testing each other and trying to find our real opinions on the topic of marriage and family issues. It was like a soft fight for defining territory and control over each other.

After finishing dinner we slowly moved towards the exit. I stumbled a little on the first step, but his hand shot out and caught my shoulder to steady me. I steadied myself without his help, but his hand stayed on my shoulder, creating a panic within me.

My heartbeat went up and my breath hitched. He didn't show any intention of removing his hand and of course I wasn't in a mood to complain.

He was explaining about one of his projects, but my concentration moved to his hand as it started to slide slowly down. I didn't want to do anything to disturb the ongoing drama, so I descended the steps slowly, enjoying the heat from his touch.

Half way through the steps, my phone started buzzing.  I decided to ignore the phone and enjoy the feelings his fingers were generating.  When we reached the the end of steps, I took a sharp right instead of going towards the car park.

"Let's walk around the restaurant." I suggested. I had to find out how far his hand would go.

"Ok!", he replied, still rubbing my back. My phone buzzed again. I reached into my purse and switched the phone off. As we walked around, his hand slid slowly to my waist. I was wearing a saree and had a gold chain running across my waist. I was hoping he would notice it.

His hand found the gold chain and his fingers were doing a delicate dance on my waist

His hand found the gold chain and his fingers were doing a delicate dance on my waist. My body became a hot zone with tiny fireworks blasting all over my body. I couldn't understand how his slightest touch could put my entire body on fire. Suddenly his fingers pinched me hard as I turned towards him angrily, my eyes expanding with fright and anger.

"Is it gold?"

"What! .. my waist or chain?"

"I know about your waist ... I am asking about your chain." He answered wiggling his eyebrows.