Chelsea's Smile [11]

SANDER'S POINT OF VIEW

Katie and I sat watching movies for the rest of the afternoon until Sarah came knocking at the door. It was half past four and the ball was starting at six, and being the son of a very powerful (now dead), shadow hunter parents, I had to attend. Sarah made the clear as she grabbed Katie's wrist and tugged her out the door.

"We have to go Sander, whether you like it or not; and who knows, this may be the only time for a long time Katie will be in a dress," She baited me with a devilish grin. Since my sister, the all knower of everything, grinned, I knew she knew this would probably be the only time Katie ever wore a dress.

"Fiine," I groaned, running a hand through my hair. I had been trying to avoid going to the Keeper's ball, seeing as it was a family tradition my family did and now that it's just me and Sarah (we don't count Thompson since he is a complete jackass), I really hated doing it, especially since I had to take mom and Dad's place at the head of the council since Sarah couldn't.

With a devilish smile, Sarah wiggled her fingers and pulled Katie away from me, disappearing down the elegant hallway into a room on the opposite end from where we were now. I thought I saw Katie glance back at me even though she was almost just a pin point, but I waved to her before disappearing into the room myself. I gave a begrudging look to the suit that hung on a hanger on the opposite wall. Thomas, a spirit, had dropped it off a while ago.

The Keeper detached himself from the corner, every step, fading into the boy he was when he passed away. I won't go into detail describing him because his appearance depending on who is looking at him.

"She is a lovely girl," His soft voice said as he padded over to me, the wispy blue color of Soul, radiating off me. "It's so painful to see someone so lovely in so much pain."

"Yeah, I'm hoping things will become better for her, once she is accepted into the community," I ran a hand through my hair, and dragged it over the side of my face, cringing as I reached the scar tissue. It was a bump like most nasty scars, it caved in on my face, created a smooth, shallow indent. It was so thick and jagged and disgusting, and I hated it more every day.

"She won't be accepted because she is an Influencer, a natural born weapon. She is capable of destroying thousands, if not the whole world," He explained information that I already knew to me. I knew there was a high chance she wouldn't be accepted just because she was an ultimate weapon.

"I know this Keeper," I sighed. "I just need to keep her safe until everyone realizes she isn't against us," I pulled the suit off it's hanger, wrinkling my nose at it. "Anyway, I need to get ready for the ball tonight," I sighed again, looking at it distastefully. When I looked over my shoulder, I found that the Keeper was gone. All the better.

I changed into the dreaded suit after I had showered and everything. I wasn't used to having to wear something like this; I preferred my t-shirts and jeans honestly, something I could hide weaponry in easily and move comfortably in. But this, all I could do was slip two shiny blades into the sleeves and a black rise gun into the waist band. Call it a habit, but I felt better having death on my side.

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to make myself presentable. God knows I'll have all the attention on me with Katie on my arm and being the head of the council. Thinking about her actually made me kind of want to go to the ball just to see her. She would probably look as amazing as ever.

I tried fixing my floppy hair, trying to get it to stay out if my eyes as much as I could, but it was just long enough that it flopped back into place, covering my left eye. It was no use, it wasn't going to stay in place no matter how much I played with it.