Ch. 19

Monty Knight

Monty's P.O.V

The dead grass crouched under my feet as I walked through the woods. It's been a long time since I was in the field. Of course this time it was real.

Of course this is real. We finally know who our soul is tied to this is gonna work out. Barowulf my hellhound spoke.

What about him? I asked Barowulf. He became quite. It was a hard topic for both of us to talk about. He was always a hard topic for us.

We can not talk about this. Not on the job. He snapped at me. Oh 'job' I snapped back rolling my eyes at his words.

I'm sorry. I know this isn't just some job but it's hard to have half of your soul to someone and then pledge to protect someone else.

I shighed putting my hands in my jeans. Almost there. I told him. I knew he didn't want to talk about his feelings. Or mine at the moment.

I felt Barowulf go back into my head and left me to walk alone.

.
.
.

"Who goes there!?" One of the guards yelled. I rolled my eyes and moved forward. "I am the only one that can get Logan back to Chaz. Your King called! So let me in."

They seemed hesitant. Quickly talking into thier ear peace. After a while they slowly let me in. The King stood by the door.

"And who are you?" His voice called. It made me want to hide but I didn't come all this way to hide from him. He called for my team.

"Do you mind if we talk where your son is?" I asked. "Chaz will be able to hear us and he really needs to hear this." He eyed me but nodded.

Once in the room I moved to look at Chaz. He looked so bad. "How long has his mate been gone?" I asked not looking up. I knew the answer.

"A week." The Kings voice broke. "Now tell me what you are and what you can do to help me and my family."

I turned to look at the King. "My name is Monty Knight. I run an elite team call The Hybrid Pack. It's filled with different types of Supernaturals.

I am known as the pack Alpha. I have two fairs, one werewolf, one vampire, a warlock and a chaos. We help the resistant."

King Terrance nodded his head. "I didn't think you'd come but thank you. Now may I ask what you could do for us? Better yet you haven't told me what kind of Supernatural you are."

I nodded. "Of course. I am a rare breed of Supernatural. I am a hellhound." The King looked surprised.

"My species has been known to have our souls tied to anothers soul, pledging to keep them safe and take care of them."

He looked confused. "Let me explain Sir. Whether this person has a mate or not it is a hellhounds job to protect that person." He nodded.

"Logan is the person my soul, my hellhound Barowulf, has chosen to protect. I can understand why, seeing as what happened."

"I see. So how can you help us." I smiled. "My team is waiting and ready. All you have to do is give me a say so and we start the plain to get him back."

The King stopped and looked over at his son. I could tell he needed some time to think about this so I sat down.

"I understand if you need time." I spoke making his head snap over to me. "I thank you for this-" He was cut off by a scream.

Our eyes moved to look at Prince Chaz. His back was arched off the bed. His eyes wide open, the colors changing.

Logan is doing something with someone else. Barowulf whispered. "The person that took Logan is having sex with him."

I said running over to hold the Prince down. "WHAT!?" The King yelled. "It's physically hurting the Prince! Sir if you want this to stop I have to get my team!"

The Kings eyes filled with so much pain and I was so upset that he had to make this choice. I didn't want him to have to make this choice under the circumstances.

"Go..." His voice was but a whispered. I nodded and turned to the far wall. A blue portal opened and I turned to look at the King.

The Kings doctors had finally gotten him to go back to sleep. "I will bring him back your highness. I swear." The King nodded as I disappeared.

.
.
.
.

I walked into the house. The pack stood waiting for my order. I shighed running my hands through my hair. "Alpha?" I turned my head up.

Jasmine stood looking at me. Her mate Thomas stood behind her. I looked around the the room...at everyone.

Thomas's twin Tiberius was sitting and holding onto his mate Rain. Robin stood by the door his face looking off.

Christopher. God beautiful Christopher. The person I couldn't have. Barowulf whined in pain just looking at him.

Christopher was my mate. He didn't know we where mates yet. Warlocks don't find their mates til they turn 21 he's only 20.

It pained me to be like this. I wasn't able to be near him because I didn't want to push him. I didn't want to scare him.

"What do we do now?" Rain asked her best friends unfinished question. "The King has given us the go. We look for Anderson now."

We had been training since I found out Logan was who my soul was tied to and I was getting intell on who would want Logan. With the help of Christopher.

I watched as the pack went to work. Calling and texting people to find where Anderson is. I walked past Christopher.

Shit. Barowulf growled out. Christopher's scent filled my noise making me light headed. His smell was the smell of the earth after a rain storm.

I want him to bad. He whispered. I nodded but stayed silent. As much as I wanted my mate I had sadly more important matters at hand.

"Fast work everyone!" I yelled out. "We gotta find Logan!"