Chapter 1

Erik's POV

It was a cold,dark and stormy night. I was leaning on a wall to stay up and try to stay awake. Last time I had a full night sleep was when I first ran away I woke up and someone had stolen all my supplies and my good pocket knife plus the money I had only leaving me a shitty dull pocket knife. I hadn't realized this earlier but my arm was still bleeding. I got or was attempted to be robbed. The guy was convinced I had something of value. He stabbed me and called me a shitty lier and ran away. The rain hitting my arm hurt like hell,but there's nothing i can do about it I have nowhere to go.

"Fuck" I groan as my legs give out and I slide down the wall trying to stay up.

I sat on the wet pavement my jeans were getting soaked. I didn't care. I saw a pair of headlights go by and they stopped right in front of me. The window rolled down. I couldn't see the face my vision was to blurry from the rain,but I hear a voice.

"Hay are you alright?" they asked it was a male voice.

"Yeah,i'll be fine" I muttered my voice sounded week and i'm not sure if he could hear me.

"I'm sorry I can't hear you hang on" he said. I heard a car door open and close then footsteps approach me. I was to exhausted to get my knife.

A hand grabbed my shoulder. "Oh shit you look young,forgive me if i'm wrong but are you in your teens?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Where are your parents?Do you have parents?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Oh well,you'll get sick if you stay out here any longer and you were bleeding at one point so how about I take you to my house and help you out" he recommend.

I shook my head no. The thought of home gave me a chill.

"Please you don't have to stay long just long enough to get well,don't think of me being mean but you look like nothing but skin and bones so please i'm only gonna ask again please let me help you" he asked.

I thought for a second maybe one night wouldn't be so bad? I nod. He gets up and I hear another door open. Soon I feel a hand grabbing my right arm. I groan in discomfort. I think he heard me.

"Do you need me to pick you up?" he asked.

I don't think I can walk since my legs did give out on me earlier. I nod. Soon i'm raised in the air from what I can tell i'm in a kinda cradle position. At this point I don't care to be embarrassed. I'm soon placed in a soft car seat and the seat belt was put over my waist and chest. I hear the door next to me close and soon the other door open the car light went off as soon as he closed his door. I glace over to him I can finally see. He is a tall man with fluffy brown hair. He had sideburns running down his cheeks. I think his eye were a dark brown with a cooper lining around it. He glaced at me then to the road. The car started to move. Nostalgia hit me hard as I remember when my mom drove me around to go shopping. My thoughts were interrupted.

"So did something happen to your parents?" he asked.

I stayed silent. I'm still unsure if I can trust him.

"That's okay if you don't want to talk,but just know that you can trust me i'm not trying to hurt you or anything promise I can see that your unsure." he explained.

"O..ok" I manage to say.

"Well at least you talking ok let's start with your name if you don't mind me asking" he asked.

"erik" I mutter.

"Ok Erik i'm Curtis." Curtis introduced himself.

The rest of the ride was silent. We pulled up to a house that was huge or well it seemed huge to me. Curtis turned of his car and left. Soon the door next to me opened.

"Can you walk yet or want to try?" he asked.

I nodded. Curtis held out his hand. I grabbed it and tried to pull myself up once I was up I fell back into the seat instantly. I sighed I would have to be carried by Curtis again. I nodded giving him a signal he caught on and picked me up in the same cradled position as before. He had to set me down on the porch which luckily it was covered. He unlocked and opened his door. He walked back over to me and picked me up once more and brought me in. He set me on a tan couch and left the room. A few minuets or what felt like minutes past and he came back with a few things I don't know what.

"Ok Erik I wanna see where you were bleeding and see if I can keep it from getting infected can you please show me?" he kindly asked.

I didn't want to talk so instead I just pointed to my right arm. I knew he would like me to take my jacket off so I took it off myself only leaving me in a black t-shirt with a carved pumpkin on the front and vines going all around the shirt,my black torn jeans and black running shoes. Curtis gently turned my arm to get a better look at the cut.

"Woah it looks deep what happened?" he asked sounding surprised.

I said nothing.

"That's okay if you don't want to talk about it,but just a little heads up i'm about to clean out your cut so it may sting a bit" he explained before I felt something cold being pressed against my arm. I stung a lot but at the same time it felt good. Curtis said he would be right back. I hope he wouldn't mind so I removed my shoes and and went and laid down on the couch. My eyes felt droopy and I soon fell asleep.