Chapter 4 || Part 1

Travel
[trav-uh l]

Verb,
1. To go from one place to another, a journey.
2.To move or go from one place or point to another.

___________________________________

Today's the big day. Today's the day where everything will change. I'm going to Cairnholm and I'll leave my home and parents behind.

I look in the mirror one last time and slowly turn around walking away from it. This is where my new life begins. I smile at the thought of that.

When I'm out the door I turn around again and grab the doorknob but before I start closing the door I gently say.

"Goodbye old life, and goodbye old me."

"Honey, we have to leave now or we'll miss the flight, and plus it's not like we're going away forever, we'll come back." She didn't know how wrong she was.

"I'm coming," I say back and I hear her walk away from the stairs. After a few seconds, I hear a car door shut.

I closed the door and walk away from it. Once I reach the front door I put a little smile on my face knowing that this was my new start, my new beginning.

I walk out the front door and closed it behind me. I quickly made my way to the car and got in the backseat.

"You ready?" My dad asks me smiling.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I smile as I say it because now I know for sure that I'm ready.

"Are you feeling okay honey? You never act so excitedly." My mom stares at me with a curious look but also happiness, happiness because I'm finally excited about something.

"I'm fine. just really excited." It's not a lie. She smiles at me and turns her head back to the front. We slowly back out of the parking spot our car stood in I look back at the house and feel one tear slowly slip down my face. I quietly whisper to myself.

"I'm okay, it's okay, it's for the best." I sigh and wipe away the tear and turn back to the front.

I lay my head down on my arm and look out the window. Every time we pass a house the voices volume changed. At some houses, the voices were pretty much screaming at me, at others they were almost quiet. And at others it was calm but never quiet with some loud voices in between, that's the strange thing about the voices.

Once we arrive at the airport and waited for the plane to arrive I start to feel sick, it feels like my stomach turned upside down, the nerves weren't this bad when I was in the car.

"Honey are you okay, you're looking a little pale." My mom looks very concerned.

"I'm fine, just nervous." Again not a lie.

"Are you sure?" She raises an eyebrow at me. I nod at her and quickly look away before she can question me further. She grabs my chin and turns my head so I'm facing her.

"Are you sure? We can cancel the flight and go another day on this trip." I smile at her and say to her again only this time more convincingly.

"I'm fine, I'm gonna go look for a bathroom."

"Okay, I'm just going to go look at the board and see when the plane will arrive.''

I stand up and slowly make my way over to where the bathroom is but halfway I turn around and see that my mom was slowly standing up I start to make my way back over to her and then start to run back once I'm there I hug her tightly.