Chapter 3 || Part 2

Happy
[Hap-ee]

Adjective,
delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing.

_____________________________________

I haven't felt like this in a long time, happy. I'm happy because I know now what I am, that I'm not insane, and it's a comforting thought when I think about the fact that there are more people out there that are like me. I'm not alone. I smile gently at that thought. I'm not alone, I like the sound of that.

I may have found out where the loop is and about peculiar abilities, hollows, wights etcetera but I don't know what to expect when I go through the loop.

Where am I going to end out, where is the place that I need to go to? If I end up at the place, What are the children like? And the Ymbryne, Miss Peregrine what's she like? Should I first go exploring when I just went through the loop entrance? And how will I get away from my parents in the first place?

I won't think about that, for now. Now I just need to focus on getting there in the first place.

I grab the diary and decide to read the next part, I lean against a wall and started thinking. Maybe my grandmother wrote about how she got away from her parents, or at least how the children and Miss Peregrine react to new peculiar children.

September 3rd, 1943

Dear diary,

I made it. I went through the loop entrance. I was lost at first but I found it at last. Let me explain from the beginning. I finally got away from my parents when they fell asleep when I was sure that they were asleep I wrote a quick letter to them, and after that, I opened the window and snuck away. I ran as fast as I could towards the loop entrance, and I tried to make sure that no one saw where I went. When I got through the loop entrance I ended out in a town, it was the same town where I was but just in the past. And when I finally started to realize that I made it, the sky changed super fast, it was late at night and suddenly it changed back to day and then again back to night. That process is called a loop reset. I walked for a while and looked for the house I knew what it looked like because I saw how it looked in the present time. When I arrived at the house Miss Peregrine immediately took me under her wing. She explained how the day would go and she showed me where I could sleep, I also met a few of the children already I met Emma, Millard, and Olive. They're all very kind and their peculiarities are so cool. Emma's peculiarity is air, she has to wear shoes made of led or she floats away. Then there's Millard he's obviously invisible. There's Olive, She's able to manipulate fire. I kind of felt useless when I heard all of their peculiarities, they're peculiarities are so awesome and they are able to help people. And I, I just have voices in my head. Everyone was warning me about Enoch. They said that he's always grumpy and or sulking and that it won't be my fault if he gets really grumpy. I'm so excited to meet everyone. I'll write again after I've met everyone.

Bye,
Eleanor

Enoch, Emma, Olive, and Millard. They must be peculiar children. I wonder what Enoch's peculiarity is. All of their peculiarities are so awesome. I wish I had one like that, instead of voices in my head. Does that mean that Miss Peregrine will also accept me? And protect me from the hollows.

I grab the card that was attached to the page of the diary. It was a picture of a house, this must be the house that my grandmother was talking about. It's a really nice house. I think I can recognize it when I get there.

I put the card back in the diary and pushed the diary away. I slide down the wall that I was standing against, I put my head in my hands and let a few tears slip. I wipe away the tears and tried to stand up again, but I can't stay in balance, I slip down the wall again and start crying even more.

This is really happening, I'm going to leave my parents and everything behind, I'll have to say goodbye and leave all this behind, and once I'm there I can't go back. Everything will change, am I ready for that?

I wait here for a while and I repeat that question in my head. Am I ready for that change? And am I ready to leave everything behind?

I don't know, but for now, I have to do what's best. I have to go to Miss Peregrine.

I stand up and brush myself off, I wipe my tears away and walk over to where I pushed the diary away.

I pick it back up and sit on the window seat. I open the book and started reading again.

September 3rd, 1943

Dear diary,

I've officially met everyone in the house, there are eleven children in the house, Enoch, Horace, Millard, Hugh, the twins, Emma, Olive, Bronwyn, Claire, and Fiona. Everyone has amazing peculiarities I already wrote about Olive, Emma and Millard but there is also Fiona, she has the peculiarity of making plants grow. And Claire, Claire has a back mouth, it means that on the back of her head she has another mouth. And there's Bronwyn she has super strength. The twins have to wear this weird suit otherwise they will turn people into stone. Hugh has bees living inside him. Then there's Horace, Horace's peculiarity is that he has prophetic dreams, meaning that while he's asleep his dreams are of the future. He can tell the futures of others more easily if he doesn't have a bond with them because emotions cloud his thoughts if he knows them. And I saved the best for last Enoch, Enoch has the peculiarity of being able to reanimate the dead for brief periods of time. It's amazing to look at. The most amazing thing is when he reanimates two dolls and makes them battle each other. Enough about that. At first, when I arrived I felt doubt and I wanted to go back but now, I feel like I finally belong somewhere, with people like me. I can't wait to see what life throws at me. Because now I can finally say. Bring. It. On

Bye,
Eleanor.

This is it. I'm really going to start a new life with people like me. I'm ready. For everything, for a new start, for a new challenge, for a new life, and for a new start.

A/N

Last chapter for 2016! I love updating this book, And I can't wait to start updating in 2017. Bye guys love you all. Stay Peculiar.