Chapter 2 || Part 2

Lonely
[lohn-lee]

Adjective,
Affected with, characterized by, or causing a depressing feeling of being alone, lonesome.

__________________________________

I wake up feeling calm, rested. I haven't felt like this in years. But still, I feel the same loneliness I feel every day but only more bearable. I sit up and walk over to my closet. I dress in a plain white shirt and sweatpants. I walk back over to my bed and sit down. I grab my grandmother's diary and start reading the second page.

December 21st, 1957

Dear diary,

I woke up today, not knowing what to feel, you're probably confused why I would talk like this, let me explain. When I was younger I grew up with a terrible burden. There are voices in my head that pretty much control my life, I hate it, it hurts and it makes me feel insecure, and I didn't know how to feel because I've finally found out what I am. There's nothing wrong with me the simple explanation is I am a wailing woman or more commonly known as a banshee and I shouldn't fear the voices or myself, I should simply embrace it.
I know now that I shouldn't fear myself. I also found some cards in my attic, one contained information about a certain Miss Peregrine. She wrote about a loop in Cairnholm, Wales. I will travel there tomorrow with my mother for a vacation. I entirely forgot to write what a loop is. A loop is made by a certain peculiar called an Ymbryne. I keep jumping ahead before I continue to explain what a loop is or an Ymbryne I will explain from the beginning, a peculiar. A peculiar or as they are sometimes referred to Syndrigast is someone with a special ability, for example, me, my peculiarity is that I'm a banshee. And that's a passive peculiarity meaning that I can't turn off my peculiarity, which I can't because I constantly hear the voices in my head. But there are also aggressive peculiarities, these are abilities that you can control, for example, being able to freeze things when you touch them. But there are also physical peculiarities which means that it's something part of your body such as having a tail, cat ears and cat like abilities. And then there are also things that are called Ymbrynes they are a special kind of peculiar, they can turn into a bird but they also are able to manipulate time, they can rewind time for one minute or five, an hour even 24 hours they are the ones that make the loops. A loop is where a past date exists and repeats over and over. So it keeps repeating the last 24 hours. Because the loop keeps repeating the day over and over again it will suspend your age, but it doesn't prevent it. If you leave the loop and you stay out of it longer than a few minutes, the time will catch up to you, if you were in the loop for over a 100 years, you will most likely perish. But only peculiars can come inside loops, so the loops protect peculiars from hollowgasts or as they are mostly referred to hollows. I will have to tell a little story to explain what hollows are. It started all with a man called Mr. Barron. He conducted a group of gone rogue peculiars, they were tired of living in loops, they wanted immortality so they will never have to reside in a loop ever again, they captured an Ymbryne and did an experiment which had gone wrong. It turned them all into hideous monsters but they were invisible to peculiars and humans. It turned out that hollows had to eat a lot of peculiar's eyes. When they've eaten a certain amount of peculiar eye balls they slowly became visible and evolved into wights, A wight looks almost exactly like a human, except the fact that they have pure, milky-white eyes with no iris. Most of the time wights help hollows to evolve. That's why peculiars hide in loops, they don't want to be killed by hollows or wights. The loops protect peculiars of hollows but not wights, because they were also peculiar before the experiment. But the wights and hollows want to do the experiment again, so even the Ymbrynes aren't safe. Every day I'm terrified that a hollow will just attack me and..... never mind I don't want to think about that. Soon I will be safe inside a loop and I will have a new life. It really upsets me that I have to leave my parents behind, but I don't have a choice. It's not safe for me nor them. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention hollows will kill anyone who gets in their way, they don't show mercy to anyone. That is why I have to leave, I can't have my parents get hurt because of me. I have to start packing but I will write again soon.

Goodbye,
Eleanor

Another picture was clipped to the page, I look at it closely, this must be the man that my grandmother was talking about, Mr. Barron.

I brush my hand through my hair and didn't know whether to be happy, because I found out what I am, relieved because I know that I'm not insane, both because I found out what I was, I wasn't insane and I finally got some answers and information, o...

I brush my hand through my hair and didn't know whether to be happy, because I found out what I am, relieved because I know that I'm not insane, both because I found out what I was, I wasn't insane and I finally got some answers and information, or scared because of what was given as answer and information.

I need to get to the Cairnholm to protect both the people around me and myself. That's what I know for sure.

A/N

It's almost time to say goodbye to 2016 and hello to 2017. I can't wait bring it on 2017, What do you have in store for me. Bye guys love you all, Stay Peculiar.

Quick question
Are you guys ready for 2017 and do you guys have any resolutions for 2017? If you have just leave it in the comments even if you don't say anything I love reading comments so just go ahead and leave a comment, bye guys.