Chapter 55 ~ Happily Ever After

Elena's POV

- 7 years later -

"This is it, best friend, the day we've all been waiting for since Junior year," Lex exclaimed, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Don't start crying because I'm going to start crying and I'll ruin my makeup," I tried to explain, fanning the tears away with the palm of my hand.

"You're all set, go look at yourself in the mirror," Jess instructed, after tying a bow at the end of my corset.

I turned around to look in the mirror and I was in complete and utter awe. My wedding dress swept the floor when I spun around and the jewels were sewn on the entire front of my torso, making me look just like a princess.

The dress was everything I've ever dreamed it would be since I was a little girl.

I had everyone I loved standing here beside me right now in this dressing room. My two best friends, my loving mother who's trying so hard not to cry, and a couple of my closest cousins.

"Mom, don't cry," I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her shoulder. I could feel her happiness radiating off of her.

"I remember when you brought Tyler home for the first time, I couldn't shake the fact of what if he hurt my baby girl. I'm pretty sure your father felt the same way as well," she paused to wipe away a stray tear. "-and when he picked you up for prom, I could see by the way he looked at you, that he was the one. Look at you now, my beautiful daughter. You're marrying him!"

The tears started to form in my eyes again. "I love you so much, mom."

"Best friend," Lex's voice pulled me away from my mother. "Do you remember when I told you to stay away from Tyler and that he was bad news?"

I nodded my head at her.

"I'm so glad you didn't listen to me. I could not have been more wrong about him, you stole his heart after all."

---

Tyler's POV

"Son," I could feel my dad's breath on me as he helped me straighten out my tie. "I'm so proud of you. You've achieved so much within these past few years. I feel like I don't say this enough but, I love you."

"Love you too, dad."

The door hinges squeaked open revealing a face I hadn't seen in a while. "Nate, you're here." I knew he would be coming, I saw his RSVP a few weeks ago, but I never thought he would be standing here, right by my side.

"Of course, I came. I wouldn't miss your wedding," he shut the door behind him.

"I'll give you two a minute," my dad said, before walking into the bathroom.

"I'm so happy for you, man. I'm sorry for causing all that drama in high school between us. I was too blind to see that Elena was so much better off without me. I couldn't be any happier that she's marrying you. Congrats," he smiled and went in for a bro hug.

"Thanks, man, that means a lot coming from you."

"No problem. I have my own baby girl on the way," he announced, with the same smile growing bigger on his face.

"What? Congratulations! Who's the lucky lady carrying your baby?"

---

Elena's POV

"Jess, you've been awfully quiet, what's going on?" I asked, trying my best to sit down next to her.

"I didn't want to ruin your big day."

"What do you mean? You're not, just tell me what's up?" I assured her that everything would be okay.

"Well," she started. "Nate and I eloped over the summer and I'm kind of carrying his baby," she kept her voice quiet.

"What?" Lex and I yelled at the same time.

"I know I broke the girl code-"

"You're pregnant and married!" I exclaimed, cutting her off. "I'm so happy for you! That's why you're bridesmaid dress is a little tight. It all makes sense now!"

"Do you know what gender the baby is?" Lex questioned.

"A girl," she answered, her face glowing with excitement and joy.

---

"The music is starting, honey. It's time," my dad peeked his head through the door. A huge smile was clearly evident on my face.

I looked at myself one last time in the mirror before walking out with my dad. The flower girl and ring bearer walked down the aisle first, followed by Lex and Jess. The wedding march started to play and I could hear the guests shifting to stand up.

My dad intertwined our arms and began leading me down the aisle. The first thing I saw was my handsome soon to be husband at the end of the aisle. I could see the tears in his eyes as well as the ones that had already fallen down his face.

I smiled at him, trying hard not to cry myself. My eyes shifted down to my bouquet of flowers, which was a mixed arrangement of buttercups and white roses.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today, to celebrate the marriage of Tyler Black and Elena Hawkins." the priest began, once I reached Tyler.

Everything was going by so fast before I knew it, it was time for the vows. I handed my bouquet to Lex and in exchange, she handed me the paper I had written my vows on.

"Tyler," my quivering voice started. "We made it, honey, look where we are now. I remember it like yesterday when I was begging my dad not to take me to the Tables. Little did I know that I would meet the love of my life there. Our love story is the greatest and nothing in this world compares to the way I feel for you. It's you, my love, it's always been you, and always will be you. Seven years ago, you gave me a promise ring that one day we would be standing before our loved ones declaring our marriage to the world. Thank you, for keeping that promise. When I thought I was done with relationships forever, you showed me how to love again and there are no words for how grateful I will ever be for that. I love you so much, Tyler Black, and I cannot wait for what our future holds."

"Now for the man's vows," the priest instructed.

"Elena, Cutie, my love, there's no words in this entire universe that explains how much I love you. Before you, I never believed that anybody could ever make me feel this way. Then you came along and proved me wrong that love does exist, it just had to be with the right person. You're my first love and my last. After everything we've been through, you've always been the one right by my side. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on you that I would be marrying you one day. I made that my mission and here I am standing right in front of you and all these people today, finally being able to say 'mission complete'. Cutie, I love you so much. Thank God, you caught me staring at you because I can't imagine living in this world without you."

At this time, I didn't care if I ruined my makeup. I was standing here with the love of my life and that was all I needed.

"Now for the rings." the priest continued. "Elena Hawkins, do you take Tyler Black to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, until death do us part?"

"I do."

"And do you Tyler Black, take Elena Hawkins to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, until death do us part?"

"I do."

"I now, pronounce you husband and wife. Tyler Black, you may kiss your wife."

---

A/N: And it's complete! Thank you for staying by my side throughout this whole journey. I love you guys so much. You guys are definitely the best part of 2016. I cannot explain to you how much this book means to me. It might not be the best book here on Wattpad, but I certainly gave my all into this book.

 I love you guys so much <3 Thank you for everything

AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

THE END.