Chapter 46 ~ She Knows

Tyler's POV

Ugh, I feel disgusting.

I take a quick shower trying to erase the smell of alcohol on me. What happened? Ugh, I hope I didn't do anything stupid. I can't remember anything. Then it hit me: Vickie came to my house the night of Jess' party. She told me she was pregnant.

Oh my gosh.

The anger builds up inside of me, remembering every word Vickie had told me. How was I going to tell Elena? She's going to hate me forever. She'll never forgive me. I'll never forgive myself. How could I be so reckless? Why was I so vulnerable? I punched the nearest wall to me, leaving a hole in it.

My knuckles are red and bloody, but punching the wall didn't let out any of my anger. It didn't make me feel better; it didn't make what I did right. My eyes open wide when I realize that I told Jess that Vickie is pregnant. She's going to tell her. She's going to tell Elena. What have I done? I'm going to lose the girl I love.

I sit down on my bed processing everything. I can't lose her. She's my everything. She's all I have, all I've ever wanted. I'm so stupid! I throw my phone across the room, hitting the wall then falling on the hardwood.

I run my fingers through my hair in frustration. That's when the phone thrown across the room starting ringing. I sit up and retrieve it.

"Hello?" I answer, not checking the caller ID.

"Hi, is this Tyler Black?" A man's deep voice asked.

"Yes, who's this?"

"I'm Officer Johnson, your girlfriend Elena Hawkins has been in a car accident," he explains.

What? When did she get back from California?

"How is she?" I ask him.

"She's in the ICU right now. We need you to come down to the station and pick up the things that were in her car. There's a letter in here addressed to you."

"Okay, I'm on my way. Thank you." I hang up the phone.

---

After I pick up the remaining items in Elena's car, I head straight to the hospital. As soon as I park my car, I run to the entrance of the hospital. When I arrive, Jess is already in the waiting room. She sees me run in, and gives me a look of disgust. I guess I deserve that. I screwed up, badly.

"You shouldn't be here." Jess snaps at me.

"I know, but I have to. She's my girlfriend," I try to explain.

"Not after this, she won't be," she sasses.

"I still love her."

"Yeah, well, you should've thought of that before."

That's true. I won't deny it. I hurt her. I hurt her bad.

"She was on her way to see you, you know," she breaks the silence.

"What?" I question. "Why?"

"I told her."

I run my hands across my face and take an empty seat. "She couldn't stop crying," she kept going. "You really hurt her, Tyler."

I don't respond to her. How can I? I can't say or do anything that will make it better. "I need to get some air." I inform her before walking out.

The officer said that she had a letter for me. I need to read what it said. I open the bag and find a crumpled piece of paper. I open it up and read.

Tyler,

How could you? Why? You told me I was enough for you, yet apparently I wasn't. What did she give you that I couldn't? Love? Affection? I could've been all of that for you. I was falling in love with you. You were different. But no, you proved me wrong. I knew I should've listened to everyone and just stayed away from you. I don't understand what I did wrong. I just don't understand.

My eyes fill with tears. This is all because of me. She's hurt all because of me and my stupid decisions. I scream in frustration, earning a few odd looks. Look all you want, I could care less of what you think of me at this point.

She was falling in love with me. What if I don't get to tell her I love her too? She's not going to want to listen to a word I say ever again. I'll never get to call her Cutie again.

"Tyler!" I hear Jess call me from the entrance.

I run back to her hoping she has news about Elena. "Did you get any news?" I ask her, panting from sprinting back to her.

"They said she's in a coma."

---

A/N: I know, I know, you all hate Tyler. At this point, I do too. What did you think about his point of view? No? Yes? What about Jess' lecture? And Elena being in a coma? Ahh! You guys, this book is coming to an end. I'm going to cry. Thank you guys so much for reading! I love you readers so much! <3

So sorry for the long wait, I know it's been like two months since the last update, but I promise I'll be more active. I'm starting a new book on a different account and I'll tell you guys when it's ready to be published. As I said, this book is coming to an end, probably by the end of this week it'll be done as I am now on fall break.